Week 3 Rankings are out

jamrinelli

I can't argue with the ranking, however, it does seem like we payed a steeper price for struggling with an inferior opponent than the likes of others (UCLA, Kansas St, UNC, probably forgetting someone). I'd put McNeese St on par, if not better, than the opponents of those teams I mentioned. B1G perception issue?

I don't think McNeese St or NDSU would have a problem beating FAU,

LOL

Schools like FAU won't schedule McNeese for a damn good reason...

McNeese is 4-0 vs Sun Belt Teams. UL-Lafayette has scheduled us for the 2016 season. If they don't cancel, I suspect we kick their ass by 3 touch downs just like last time we played them.

Anyway,

I'm signing off now guys. Enjoyed the chats. Good luck for the rest of the year. Your fans treated us with a lot of class.

Thanks!

ESPN decided the Big Ten is already out of the Playoff. 2 weeks in, were done. Because Sparty and tOSU lost as the favorites to win the league, nobody else could POSSIBLY step up.

Saturdays game was really uninspiring. But if we could just get the message across to the team. This is our chance. The conference is so ripe for the picking.

I had that glimmer of hope after the first game. Now, not so much. I'm back to being solid on my 10-4 predicition. And here's what I think the process will be...

Saturday will prove to be a wake up call.

For now

We'll come out pissed and guns a blazin saturday night and all but roll Fresno St, and then we'll beat Miami kinda soundly. The kool-aid'll be pumpin for some again. Then we'll handle Illinois and me personally, just because this is the Bo era, thinks we'll even get a W in East Lansing. But this is where today's Nebraska becomes today's Nebraska. We're gonna lose at home to Rutgers or Purdue. LOL. i would say at Northwestern the week after the Mich St game, but I think that because 1)theyre too much of a dumpster fire for that to happen this year, or 2)because of whats happened against them in the past, that wouldnt be a surprising loss if it did happen. At this point, I think we lose to either Rutgers or Purdue just because. Then Wisconsin stomps our ass, and we'll probably lose to Iowa or Minnesota. If we dont lose two of them last 3, and god willing make the CCG, we'll get throttled there as well. Lose a bowl. 9 or 10-4 again. That's it.

Until someone changes the disc, this movie is just on a constant loop. Saturday was just another kick to my confidence.

^

Still so much on the fence w/ this team. Too much potential. Last year they were young, the couple years before that they just didn't have the talent. None of that is stopping the team this year. Couple injuries, but nothing that can't be overcome w/ the talent. Rose out is Anderson back, mostly a wash. If you look at the depth that replaced our injured guys this season - it's still WAY ahead of where we were 2 years ago. Schedule is easier, coaching is more experienced, division weaker. I still can't find 4 legit losses on this schedule.

Everything you mentioned though Count goes back to coaching. Why can't you depend on the team to win against Purdue/Rutgers? Isn't talent. They are home games. Why can't you be certain of those two? We're the better team. Northwestern might as well be a home game, and look where they are this season. Much worse than us. Far less talented. We're the better team.

But I agree, we're losing 4 this season. And it would be 6 or 7 in a normal year. It'd be 6 in the Big12, and I know i'll get blasted for saying that. It's discouraging, because we'll eke out the 4 and get to do it over again next year, with even more experience and more talent.

ESPN decided the Big Ten is already out of the Playoff. 2 weeks in, were done. Because Sparty and tOSU lost as the favorites to win the league, nobody else could POSSIBLY step up.

Saturdays game was really uninspiring. But if we could just get the message across to the team. This is our chance. The conference is so ripe for the picking.

the B1G non-con is going to end up being pretty un-compelling. i am guessing the conference's best non-con win is going to be msu's loss.

i would hope an undefeated donu would get in, but i do not know. especially if a team like nd is undefeated. there could be a lot of spoilers. and, i think our best case scenario is losing to msu in the reg. season and beating them in indy. hard to see this team going undefeated.

^

Still so much on the fence w/ this team. Too much potential. Last year they were young, the couple years before that they just didn't have the talent. None of that is stopping the team this year. Couple injuries, but nothing that can't be overcome w/ the talent. Rose out is Anderson back, mostly a wash. If you look at the depth that replaced our injured guys this season - it's still WAY ahead of where we were 2 years ago. Schedule is easier, coaching is more experienced, division weaker. I still can't find 4 legit losses on this schedule.

Everything you mentioned though Count goes back to coaching. Why can't you depend on the team to win against Purdue/Rutgers? Isn't talent. They are home games. Why can't you be certain of those two? We're the better team. Northwestern might as well be a home game, and look where they are this season. Much worse than us. Far less talented. We're the better team.

But I agree, we're losing 4 this season. And it would be 6 or 7 in a normal year. It'd be 6 in the Big12, and I know i'll get blasted for saying that. It's discouraging, because we'll eke out the 4 and get to do it over again next year, with even more experience and more talent.

Hey man. I'm getting a little itchy myself. I call it coaching too. I just happen to be a little more of a process/patience type of guy and tend to not be so kneejerk. Saturday was another tough go. Why does this keep happening. These thoughts on the season and losing 4 again were there BEFORE saturday, before the season. just that "I'll believe it when I see it" type of thing.

Hey man. I'm getting a little itchy myself. I call it coaching too. I just happen to be a little more of a process/patience type of guy and tend to not be so kneejerk. Saturday was another tough go. Why does this keep happening. These thoughts on the season and losing 4 again were there BEFORE saturday, before the season. just that "I'll believe it when I see it" type of thing.

how can you honestly call this reaction knee-jerk?

I think this...

I just happen to be a little more of a process/patience type of guy and tend to not be so kneejerk.

conflicts with this...

These thoughts on the season and losing 4 again were there BEFORE saturday, before the season.

...which means a lot of the reaction to Saturday is less knee-jerk, and more treating it as confirmation of our hesitation going in.

I think it's a crock that we dropped seven spots and are now clear out of the AP. Sure we played crappy. Gave up some big plays. Like the 95 yard pick six--one of the longest pick sixes ever. But we won. THe wheels fell off the wagon and we still won. No way we should've been penalized that much. It's going to be very difficult to make up those six spots, no matter how big we win in the next few weeks. Damn it!

I think it's a crock that we dropped seven spots and are now clear out of the AP. Sure we played crappy. Gave up some big plays. Like the 95 yard pick six--one of the longest pick sixes ever. But we won. THe wheels fell off the wagon and we still won. No way we should've been penalized that much. It's going to be very difficult to make up those six spots, no matter how big we win in the next few weeks. Damn it!

You're probably right. With the Miami loss, MSU loss, Wisconsin loss, Ohio State loss (indirectly), Northwestern losses - it's going to be really tough to climb out of this hole. Not a lot of opportunities ahead. Not signature type win opportunities that's for sure. We might navigate this season only playing a 1-2 ranked teams (again).

how can you honestly call this reaction knee-jerk?

not now after saturday. But over the course. I'm not the type of guy after a loss in October to come out preaching "fire him, fire them. bla bla bla". Not saying it's right or wrong. i'm just not the type to do that. That's all I was saying. I in now way have accused anyone's reactions to saturday as kneejerk.

Does that make sense? I'm trying to be understood here guise.

Kneejerk reactions to me are what you find in the game threads. One play it's "fire beck", Next play it 's "Becks a genius". It's such an up and down roller coaster of emotion from play to play. I really hope this watch part I wanna do for the Mich St game takes place. I'd really like some of you to see how I watch a game. It's what i'm trying to get at. I'm just more of a long haul type of guy.