Fox Sports got one of them right

Fox Sports has NU ranked 17th in their early pre-season poll. However i don't know how they have Texas at 1, Florida St at 7 ( :wtf ), USC at 3? Tennessee at 9th? They weren't even ranked at the end of last season and didn't even go to a bowl game. Miami at 14 behind Tennessee?

here is what they have about NU

17. Nebraska

2005 Record: 8-4

Why to get excited: The biggest wild-card coming into this season, Nebraska could very easily be that "next-step" program this year that becomes a superpower (again) like LSU a few years ago. Head coach Bill Callahan has done a tremendous job recruiting, and he won't be afraid to plug several new players in key positions. The light bulb went on late last year for QB Zac Taylor, and he has weapons to work with highlighted by talented young sophomore receiver Nate Swift. While All-America TE Matt Herian still has a long way to go after recovering from a broken leg, he should be back this year. The defense is loaded with young, fast, and talented players, especially in the linebacking corps. The schedule isn't all that bad except for ...

Why to be grouchy: ... the September 16th game at USC. However, some might see this as Nebraska's chance to make a statement in the national title race. Diminutive RB Cory Ross was better than he ever got credit for, and there are a few key losses on defense, particularly in the secondary and on the line.

Why Nebraska isn't listed among the national title contenders: Even if the Huskers get by USC, there's still a battle with Texas to deal with in mid-October. Even if they get by that, there's still a possible rematch with the Longhorns, or a showdown with an improved Oklahoma, in the Big 12 title game.

Realistic, feet-on-the-ground, goal to shoot for: Big 12 champions

The number one thing to work on is: Getting the running game going again. Callahan offense apologists went out of their way to say the new offense wasn't going to forget about the ground game, and then two years later the Huskers finished dead last in the Big 12 in rushing averaging a pathetic 96 yards per game.

Biggest offensive loss: RB Cory Ross

Biggest defensive loss: SS Daniel Bullocks

More located here

I personally cannot wait to go into Los Angeles.

USC is already on the bandwagon that the transition they had from Palmer, Fargas and company to Leinart, Bush and company will be the same with the next batch of players. Hate to tell them, but players like Leinart and Bush do not grow on trees, otherwise we would have followed up Crouch with a better player than Lord. Jammal was hard-nosed, but nowhere close to a Crouch.

I want people to overlook us next season. I want them to continue to think we will be cellar-dwellers and I definetely want them to think we will just roll over while playing USC. Every Nebraska player I have seen talk about that game is completely fired up.

Heck, look at USC configuring their schedule to get an off-week (when they originally were not scheduled to) the week before we roll into town. I'm sure any USC fan will say it's nothing though. ;)

I want people to overlook us next season. I want them to continue to think we will be cellar-dwellers and I definetely want them to think we will just roll over while playing USC. Every Nebraska player I have seen talk about that game is completely fired up.

I feel the exact same way. Overlook us PLEASE.