Complete 180 for Pelini era!

If this was last year's team I really think we lose last night 34-3 or 41-3

Really proud of the effort

Proud of the effort? For three quarters+ we looked like the damn bad news bears. All we were missing was the Chico' bail bonds jerseys. Are we just forgetting that? The botched snaps? The dropped passes? The QB who can't hit the flat? The offensive line that couldn't keep anyone out of the backfield??

Now maybe this year really is different, but we're basing this on a failed comeback against a team that this board spent the majority of the week telling me wasn't *really* that good? We've had comebacks before. Hell we've had them against Michigan State! And we actually completed those, too.

Now Pelini is in his seventh season at Nebraska. What did Dantonio do in his seventh year at MSU? Go 13-1, win the conference championship (his second conference title and 3rd 11 win season), and win the Rose Bowl. And here we are talking moral victories? At Nebraska?? Good lord.

Yes, I am proud of the effort. We had chances to fold and fought till the end. Armstrong, despite playing poorly at times, busted his butt the entire game.

We made mistakes and those definitely need to be corrected, but in a game in which we very easily could have been blown out we fought until the end and nearly pulled off an impossible comeback against a quality team.

I'm not talking about a moral victory, I'm talking about a team that showed some heart and pride and refused to give up. That has me confident about the rest of the season. Michigan State is better than anyone else left on our schedule. There is a great chance for us to run the table and finish 11-1 with a chance to win the BIG championship.

We have a lot of work to do and I'm not happy about losing, I just see a lot of positives from the way we fought back and ended the game.

I also though Bo had one of his better press conferences after the game in recent memory.

Sorry I choose to be positive and that somehow pisses people off.

Go Big Red

Proud of the effort? For three quarters+ we looked like the damn bad news bears. All we were missing was the Chico' bail bonds jerseys. Are we just forgetting that? The botched snaps? The dropped passes? The QB who can't hit the flat? The offensive line that couldn't keep anyone out of the backfield??

Now maybe this year really is different, but we're basing this on a failed comeback against a team that this board spent the majority of the week telling me wasn't *really* that good? We've had comebacks before. Hell we've had them against Michigan State! And we actually completed those, too.

Now Pelini is in his seventh season at Nebraska. What did Dantonio do in his seventh year at MSU? Go 13-1, win the conference championship (his second conference title and 3rd 11 win season), and win the Rose Bowl. And here we are talking moral victories? At Nebraska?? Good lord.

Yes, I am proud of the effort. We had chances to fold and fought till the end. Armstrong, despite playing poorly at times, busted his butt the entire game.

We made mistakes and those definitely need to be corrected, but in a game in which we very easily could have been blown out we fought until the end and nearly pulled off an impossible comeback against a quality team.

I'm not talking about a moral victory, I'm talking about a team that showed some heart and pride and refused to give up. That has me confident about the rest of the season. Michigan State is better than anyone else left on our schedule. There is a great chance for us to run the table and finish 11-1 with a chance to win the BIG championship.

We have a lot of work to do and I'm not happy about losing, I just see a lot of positives from the way we fought back and ended the game.

I also though Bo had one of his better press conferences after the game in recent memory.

Go Big Red

Eh this is another 9 win team. Damnit why did I start to feel Like we turned a corner. Damn you gypsy pelini

Go Big Red

Eh this is another 9 win team. Damnit why did I start to feel Like we turned a corner. Damn you gypsy pelini

The reason I'm positive after this game is that I feel like we will 10 games this year if not run the table. I totally disagree with the "this is just another 9 win team" sentiment. I might be wrong on that, we shall see how it plays out.

But, that was the first Husker team I've seen in a while that had that kind of fight in them

So we are ignoring the comeback against Missouri in 2009 or the 2012 comebacks against MSU and Northwestern?

Not at all. Mizzou was a 12 point comeback in some horrible conditions. Northwestern was a 12 point comeback, Michigan State was a 10 point comeback.

Last night we were down 27-3 against a top 10 team on the road.

Neither of those teams were as good as Michigan State is this year. In all of the above games we were in the game going into the 4th. In this game we were getting beat down going into the fourth. Yet, despite playing a lackluster game we were able to turn it around and make a pretty darn good comeback against a very good Sparty team.

In years past this would have been a pretty lopsided loss, this team kept fighting even when most had given up.

I have tremendous respect for the character this team has shown this year.

MSU knew what they had to do to beat the Huskers. Rush the DE hard to the QB, gang tackle Ameer and good coverage on our WR. They pretty well knew they could get to Tommy before our WR could get separation. The way most teams beat that is short passes over the middle to the TE or to a back flaring. Those passes are Tommy's achilles heel. I didn't realize till halftime that our starting TE was on the sideline in a boot. To me this game was lost at the tackle position. Neither Lewis or Sterup could contain the edge. As far as running the ball up the middle, it is hard for 5 OL to block 8 defenders in the box. We rarely ran power with a double TE and usually not even one TE. Our 2nd string WR had to grow up last night too. Of the 3 starters who began fall camp, only Westy was healthy by the end of the 1st Qtr.

Defensively I thought we did some good things for a unit that is at some positions playing third string guys. The front 4 pretty well stopped the rush and while the DB's stumbled a few times they played well enough to keep us in the game had the offense had more success.

While this loss was disheartening, I'm not throwing this team on the scrap heap. They have two choices. Give up or get better and I think we do the latter.

• Fire 1

MSU knew what they had to do to beat the Huskers. Rush the DE hard to the QB, gang tackle Ameer and good coverage on our WR. They pretty well knew they could get to Tommy before our WR could get separation. The way most teams beat that is short passes over the middle to the TE or to a back flaring. Those passes are Tommy's achilles heel. I didn't realize till halftime that our starting TE was on the sideline in a boot. To me this game was lost at the tackle position. Neither Lewis or Sterup could contain the edge. As far as running the ball up the middle, it is hard for 5 OL to block 8 defenders in the box. We rarely ran power with a double TE and usually not even one TE. Our 2nd string WR had to grow up last night too. Of the 3 starters who began fall camp, only Westy was healthy by the end of the 1st Qtr.

Defensively I thought we did some good things for a unit that is at some positions playing third string guys. The front 4 pretty well stopped the rush and while the DB's stumbled a few times they played well enough to keep us in the game had the offense had more success.

While this loss was disheartening, I'm not throwing this team on the scrap heap. They have two choices. Give up or get better and I think we do the latter.

I'll also add that Armstrong was definitely rattled by the 2nd quarter. He overthrew some easy passes in the flats that he normally would hit. Had he kept his composure and hit a few of those I have no doubt the game would have been much different.

I'm not laying all the blame on him as I found that Beck left him out to dry with some of the playcalling in the first half.

This team showed that they are definitely fighters and have heart which leads me to believe that they will definitely improve the rest of the way.

So we are ignoring the comeback against Missouri in 2009 or the 2012 comebacks against MSU and Northwestern?

Not at all. Mizzou was a 12 point comeback in some horrible conditions. Northwestern was a 12 point comeback, Michigan State was a 10 point comeback.

Last night we were down 27-3 against a top 10 team on the road.

Neither of those teams were as good as Michigan State is this year. In all of the above games we were in the game going into the 4th. In this game we were getting beat down going into the fourth. Yet, despite playing a lackluster game we were able to turn it around and make a pretty darn good comeback against a very good Sparty team.

In years past this would have been a pretty lopsided loss, this team kept fighting even when most had given up.

I have tremendous respect for the character this team has shown this year.

MSU let up on the gas, give the kids credit for not quitting. But there was some luck involved there too. If they don't drop that pick six that Westercamp caught then this is a 34 or 41-9 finish. Coming back is a trait of a Pelini led team, which having the heart to come back is an awesome trait. The problem is that after seven years, we haven't figured out how not to fall behind by 20+ points in the first place.

Another coaching error that I don't see anyone bringing up is that why did we start going for 2 when we were still down 27-9? I know they wanted to try to get within two scores, but that was a little early to be chasing another point. If we kick the two ep's, then we only need a FG to put the game in OT instead of needed a TD on that last drive.

This morale victory crap is makin me sick guys. Quit letting the Last 10 minutes cloud your judgements on one of the most abismal pffensive performances ever.

Look we lost to a better team. My biggest complaint is with the Oline. Talk about smoke a mirrors. Does MSU have a great D? Absolutely. If I was our oline coaches, Id start making some changes. That was atrocious.

• Fire 1