"We get the opportunity to go huntin'." Blackshirts on Third Down

knapplc

Bo's 1st team - when he was the DC under Solich, reminded me of the 90s def. He turned D Williams loose who was a sacking machine and had the Bullocks brothers in the backfield intercepting passes - that team played in high gear all of the time.

One thing I noticed about the video - those 90 defenses had great speed. They caught QBs and RBs from behind. Plus they had the quickness to get to the QB without a pure bull rush. They were also very disciplined in the midst of their fury - one of the scenes showed a reverse developing - the DE or OLB was totally on his own and he stuffed it.

Bo's 1st team - when he was the DC under Solich, reminded me of the 90s def. He turned D Williams loose who was a sacking machine and had the Bullocks brothers in the backfield intercepting passes - that team played in high gear all of the time.

One thing I noticed about the video - those 90 defenses had great speed. They caught QBs and RBs from behind. Plus they had the quickness to get to the QB without a pure bull rush. They were also very disciplined in the midst of their fury - one of the scenes showed a reverse developing - the DE or OLB was totally on his own and he stuffed it.

Weren't the three teams we got blown out by quarterbacked by Brad Smith, Vince Young and Ell Roberson though?

Weren't the three teams we got blown out by quarterbacked by Brad Smith, Vince Young and Ell Roberson though?

YES. IN FACT, FOR TWO THOSE GUYS, IT WAS THEIR COMING OUT PARTY.