Height: 6’0”

Weight: 215

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date: 11/12/05

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Florida

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: JUCO #5/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:JC/ :star:star:star:star

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to copy and paste a few of the questions and give us your "Nsight"

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

2) Rank his importance to the Huskers 1-10 (10 the most important).

3) Will he contribute right away? In what capacity?

4) Who does this player most remind you of?

5) Where do you see this player in 2010?

LJS story

Recruit knows his Husker history

BY JOHN MABRY / Lincoln Journal Star

EL DORADO, Kan. — Kenny Wilson knows his Husker football history. Now, he’s ready to make some. “Ahman Green. Mike Rozier. I watched all of them,” said Wilson, a Butler County Community College tailback who signed with Nebraska this morning. Talk Huskers at Life in the Red | More Big Red news and views in Husker Extra

Kenny Wilson signed a letter of intent with NU. (John Mabry)

The coaches here have no doubt that Wilson will become a Division I-A star as he joins a backfield that includes former Butler County quarterback Zac Taylor.

Wilson’s numbers as a Grizzly, starting with his 4.26 40 time, are something to behold. He ran for 1,229 yards and 14 touchdowns last season, including a performance against Hutchinson (10 carries, 267 yards) that still has them buzzing.

The numbers might have been bigger if Wilson, who grew up in Liberal, Kan., hadn’t alternated starts with backfield mate Ryan Torain, now on his way to Arizona State.

But it’s the person in the 6-foot-2, 220-pound body, not the player, that Butler County head coach Troy Morrell wanted to talk about Wednesday.

“Probably the best thing about Kenny Wilson is the work ethic and the character,” Morrell said. “He’s a kid who not only talks about what he’s going to do, but he backs it up with actions.“

Offensive line coach Chris Jirgens wasn’t the least bit surprised when Wilson was selected as a team captain in 2005.

“No-brainer. Phenomenal kid,” Jirgens said. “He’s one of the last guys we can drag off the field, signing little kids’ autographs.“

In El Dorado, they are convinced that Wilson can follow the path of former Butler County star Rudi Johnson, now a running back with the Cincinnati Bengals.

First, though, he will have to see how he stacks up with NU’s returning backs.

“Marlon Lucky and (Brandon) Jackson, they’re good runners and good players,” Wilson said. “I expect to come in and compete with them.“

Husker coaches Jay Norvell and Randy Jordan were Wilson’s key recruiting contacts, but you can bet Taylor had something to say about it, too. Taylor was one of the main reasons Wilson selected NU over Florida and Tennessee.

“No matter where else I go,” Wilson said, “no one’s going to have my quarterback from last year.“

Wilson is studying business and plans to continue that field of study in Lincoln, on and off the FieldTurf.

“Taking care of business,” he said, “that’s what I really like.“

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)?

Heard he was ranked so high on most peoples list

2) Rank his importance to the Huskers 1-10 (10 the most important).

8 - Hope he doesn't mind sharing time and being patient learning the offense

3) Will he contribute right away? In what capacity?

Yes/no - Can he pick up trhe offensive scheme. He will return kickoffs

4) Who does this player most remind you of?

Maybe lie a Terrel Davis

5) Where do you see this player in 2010?

Possible pros

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...
Guest greenbayhusker

1) What are your first impressions of this recruit (speed, strength, character, leadership, grades, etc)? Speed

2) Rank his importance to the Huskers 1-10 (10 the most important). 8

3) Will he contribute right away? In what capacity? Yes. He should see some carries at running back. I can't help but think that we'll use him some way or another. He may see time as a returner. He has too much talent not to be used.

4) Who does this player most remind you of? I like the Terrell Davis comparison

5) Where do you see this player in 2010? It's too early to tell. He needs to make huge strides these next two years.

:restore

• 1 month later...