Post Election

OK...honestly, I don't know how I feel this morning. Last night, for the first time, actually voted for a fairly split ticket. Admittedly, I about threw up in my mouth every time I filled in a circle no matter what party they were from. Also, my ballot meant about as much as the penny I didn't take the time to pick up off the side walk this morning.

So, I'm trying to wrap my head around where we are at.

Republicans are rejoicing and claiming they have won the world and now can move forward with their "agenda"....what ever that is.....because I haven't seen anything meaningful from them other than the Democrats are out to destroy American and Obama will eat our first born.

Democrats are sitting around rolling their eyes acting like anyone who voted for Republicans are a bunch of idiots and I get a sense they honestly aren't taking this election very serious. They seem to have the feeling of..."well, they aren't going to do anything meaningful so 2016 is a slam dunk".

So....I have the feeling of....Republicans, you are on the clock. If you want my votes in 2016, come up with meaningful things you are going to do in Washington. And...no....constantly claiming Obama is evil isn't going to cut it.

-Keep us out of wars = something the Dems started doing well but has failed in recently.

-Maintain levels of intelligence and special ops/speicalized military to keep us safe = no, we don't need 1 trillion dollars in new defense spending but we still need an efficient and effective intelligence and military community.

-Improve the economy = It isn't worse than when Obama came into office but it's not roaring along either.

-Improve unemployment = Yes...I know the statistic. But, there are a ton of people who have dropped off the stat because they have given up. We also have a lot of the new jobs being low income crap jobs. ---Reshore manufacturing jobs = Do it in a way that everyone benefits. People get wealthy and the low income and middle class have quality jobs too.

-Keep taxes low for everyone.

-Take some of the money we are saving from not being in wars and reinvest that into infrastructure.

-Maintain efficient relationships with foreign governments but DON'T expect us to rush out and save the world every time something horrible happens. Convince Europe and other "good" countries around the world they can get involved if they feel the need.

-Stop saying and doing things that are so friggen embarrassing for everyone involved with the party and the government.

-Stop...just STOP the incessant emails and propaganda crap trying to convince me Obama is some covert operative from either Russia or the planet Nomroid and he is only here to kill off old white people.

-Stop insulting our intelligence.

-Even though I consider myself a Christian. Stop acting like if you're not Christian, you're not American.

-Stop acting like anyone who isn't an angry white old man is some type of minority who is trying to destroy America.

-Stop acting like people like the criminal rancher in Utah are the "real Americans"and we all should grab our guns and go fight for him.

-Stop acting like anyone who actually enforces the laws of the land are some how evil agents of this tyrannical government.

In other words, just do your friggen job. There is room for conservatism somewhere between liberalism and whacko cookoo Tea Party crap. Stop acting like someone like Sarah Palin and Bachman are some how intelligent with actual ideas.

Once again, you are on the clock. You have the chance to actually make a difference that would propel your party to success for decades. Don't screw it up or you're done. (at least with me).

Sorry for the rant.

• Fire 5

OK...honestly, I don't know how I feel this morning. Last night, for the first time, actually voted for a fairly split ticket. Admittedly, I about threw up in my mouth every time I filled in a circle no matter what party they were from. Also, my ballot meant about as much as the penny I didn't take the time to pick up off the side walk this morning.

Republicans are rejoicing and claiming they have won the world and now can move forward with their "agenda"....what ever that is.....because I haven't seen anything meaningful from them other than the Democrats are out to destroy American and Obama will eat our first born.

Democrats are sitting around rolling their eyes acting like anyone who voted for Republicans are a bunch of idiots and I get a sense they honestly aren't taking this election very serious. They seem to have the feeling of..."well, they aren't going to do anything meaningful so 2016 is a slam dunk".

So....I have the feeling of....Republicans, you are on the clock. If you want my votes in 2016, come up with meaningful things you are going to do in Washington. And...no....constantly claiming Obama is evil isn't going to cut it.

-Keep us out of wars = something the Dems started doing well but has failed in recently.

-Maintain levels of intelligence and special ops/speicalized military to keep us safe = no, we don't need 1 trillion dollars in new defense spending but we still need an efficient and effective intelligence and military community.

-Improve the economy = It isn't worse than when Obama came into office but it's not roaring along either.

-Improve unemployment = Yes...I know the statistic. But, there are a ton of people who have dropped off the stat because they have given up. We also have a lot of the new jobs being low income crap jobs. ---Reshore manufacturing jobs = Do it in a way that everyone benefits. People get wealthy and the low income and middle class have quality jobs too.

-Take some of the money we are saving from not being in wars and reinvest that into infrastructure.

-Maintain efficient relationships with foreign governments but DON'T expect us to rush out and save the world every time something horrible happens. Convince Europe and other "good" countries around the world they can get involved if they feel the need.

-Stop saying and doing things that are so friggen embarrassing for everyone involved with the party and the government.

-Stop...just STOP the incessant emails and propaganda crap trying to convince me Obama is some covert operative from either Russia or the planet Nomroid and he is only here to kill off old white people.

-Even though I consider myself a Christian. Stop acting like if you're not Christian, you're not American.

-Stop acting like anyone who isn't an angry white old man is some type of minority who is trying to destroy America.

-Stop acting like people like the criminal rancher in Utah are the "real Americans"and we all should grab our guns and go fight for him.

-Stop acting like anyone who actually enforces the laws of the land are some how evil agents of this tyrannical government.

In other words, just do your friggen job. There is room for conservatism somewhere between liberalism and whacko cookoo Tea Party crap. Stop acting like someone like Sarah Palin and Bachman are some how intelligent with actual ideas.

Once again, you are on the clock. You have the chance to actually make a difference that would propel your party to success for decades. Don't screw it up or you're done. (at least with me).

Sorry for the rant.

I disagree.

• Fire 1

Sorry for the rant.

I disagree.

Racist.

Sorry for the rant.

I disagree.

Racist.

Pinko. (Is this how the progression goes?)

Here is an article that I think is extremely important to any Republican who thinks they are on the right path.

LINK

Look at the second chart. If you study it carefully, there are very very subtle changes from year to year. But, the fact remains, if you are any sort of minority that isn't old white men, the majority of that demographic leans blue.

Republicans had better pay attention to this and figure out how to reverse this or they won't win in 2016. They won this year in large part because old white people showed up to vote and others didn't.

Here is an article that I think is extremely important to any Republican who thinks they are on the right path.

LINK

Look at the second chart. If you study it carefully, there are very very subtle changes from year to year. But, the fact remains, if you are any sort of minority that isn't old white men, the majority of that demographic leans blue.

Republicans had better pay attention to this and figure out how to reverse this or they won't win in 2016. They won this year in large part because old white people showed up to vote and others didn't.

That is interesting. Although people tend to become more conservative as they get older, I dont know if they would replace the current crop as far to the right though. Also the Pubs should have it easy, should, the country for the most part is center right, yet they cannot stop stepping on their own feet. For the last 15 years or so they need to get a clear message out, and not have a bunch of white dudes pop u saying " A woman's body knows if its legitimate rape".

LINK

Pulling even among Asians is a huge accomplishment. One of the mysteries going into 2016 is whether a white Democrat on top of the ticket can command anywhere near the same amount of loyalty and excitement among minorities that Obama did. The answer in the 2010 and 2014 midterms is emphatically no....but they are midterms. Candidate selection will be key.

A big bright spot I will point out for the GOP: they are kicking ass and taking names at the state level. Heading into next year, we're going to have 32/50 governor's mansions in GOP hands and at least 63/99 statehouses controlled by Republicans. Washington generally and the Washington GOP specifically is a hot mess, but I can't hide my enthusiasm for what I'm seeing out of several Republican governors.

. . . I can't hide my enthusiasm for what I'm seeing out of several Republican governors.

What's that?

Kasich (Ohio), Sandoval (NV), Martinez (NM), Walker (WI), Snyder (MI). All GOP governors winning easily in Obama states with pretty conservative records because they figured out the tone issue and knew which fights to pick and which to back down from. If the party has any sense, one of them will be at the top of the 2016 ticket.

. . . I can't hide my enthusiasm for what I'm seeing out of several Republican governors.

What's that?

Kasich (Ohio), Sandoval (NV), Martinez (NM), Walker (WI), Snyder (MI). All GOP governors winning easily in Obama states with pretty conservative records because they figured out the tone issue and knew which fights to pick and which to back down from. If the party has any sense, one of them will be at the top of the 2016 ticket.

Walker and Snyder on the 2016 GOP ticket would be great. For Democrats.

IIRC, all but Walker accepted the Affordable Care Act/Medicaid expansion.

Does that mean you agree that the ACA is fading as an issue (excepting the truly extreme of course)?

"We've now had 63 straight months of economic expansion.

That’s right, for 63 consecutive months the US economy has gotten progressively better. That includes 54 consecutive months of private sector job growth. Forbes magazine, no fan of President Obama, crunched the numbers and demonstrated how the economic recovery under President Obama has been better in just about every measurable way than the recovery under President Reagan."
"We are currently enjoying the longest period of private sector job creation in American history.
Again, this statistic comes from the Forbes Magazine article listed above. In fact, we have now had 54 straight months of private sector job creation. That is the longest period of job creation since the Department of Labor has been keeping statistics. See the link below."
"The Federal budget deficit is shrinking. It’s been reduced by two-thirds since 2009.
The $1.4 trillion federal budget deficit that Obama inherited in 2009 was in a large part due to the high rate of unemployment. When millions of people were put out of work in 2008 and 2009, it resulted in far less income taxes and less economic activity to generate federal revenue. As ten million people have been put back to work, there have been billions more tax dollars generated. As a result, the deficit has been shrinking each year. The 2014 deficit is projected to be around $500 billion, the smallest deficit since 2007 and roughly 1/3 of what it was in 2009."
"Under President Obama, spending has increased only 1.4% annually, the lowest rate since Eisenhower was president.
You may have heard critics say that President Obama is spending money wildly and running up our debt. According to this article from Forbes, Obama has increased spending by 1.4% annually, far less than President Reagan (8.7%) or George W. Bush (8.1%). In fact, Obama has increased spending less than any president since Eisenhower."
  • Fire 1