It's reached the point of no return

Beck and Pap definitely need to go. Keep Bo and tell him to hire seasoned coordinators or he can leave also. This was beyond embarrassing.

I'll go with this answer. I'll give Bo another year IF he cleans house, no excuses for this crap to happen. If he doesn't make the changes then I would have to consider getting rid of Bo.

You would consider it huh, you sir are a delusional glutton if you think this trainwreck is somehow gonna get straightened out with Bo at the helm! don't you get it HE IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I can honestly say I've never been called a delusional glutton before so I'll take that as a compliment, I may get a T-sh#t made with "Delusional Glutton" on the front of it just for kicks.

i do have reasoning for this. I t will be difficult to attract a coach if we fire someone outright who finishes without a losing season and a possible 10-2 season this year.

IF we tell him he needs to clean house the we can show the next coach that we are more than willing to give him the time and chances to get to the next level which makes the job more attractive.

If we give Bo the chance to clean house and he turns it around it is a win for us, if we do and he fails to improve the program and we need to let him go then we also win as we have made our job less risky in what is a very high risk venture (college coaches don't last too long).

Love the "Delusional Glutton" thing though, that was awesome. You are OK with me fine sir. :wasted

Firing a coach after a 10-2 season would give future coach candidates the wrong message, but firing the coordinators wouldn't? What kind of OC/DC would sign on when the last guys got fired for going 10-2? And to work with a coach that's on the hot seat and could be gone in a year or two? Not happening.

As someone who lives in California and has some interaction with local sports media, the conversation outside Nebraska isn't "How could you even think of firing Pelini?" It's, "I seriously can't believe you guys haven't canned his ass by now." No one remembers the 9 wins. They only remember A&M, Tape Gate, the blowout losses, the Holiday Bowl against UW, the BIG CCG, UCLA last year, and historically bad defensive statistics. True story.

Firing a coach after a 10-2 season would give future coach candidates the wrong message, but firing the coordinators wouldn't? What kind of OC/DC would sign on when the last guys got fired for going 10-2? And to work with a coach that's on the hot seat and could be gone in a year or two? Not happening.

As someone who lives in California and has some interaction with local sports media, the conversation outside Nebraska isn't "How could you even think of firing Pelini?" It's, "I seriously can't believe you guys haven't canned his ass by now." No one remembers the 9 wins. They only remember A&M, Tape Gate, the blowout losses, the Holiday Bowl against UW, the BIG CCG, UCLA last year, and historically bad defensive statistics. True story.

I totally agree.

At the same time I believe that the Nebraska administration is in a difficult position. I think it may be best to err on the side of caution and give him that one year. I think a restructuring would be see as fair. Therefore it can be stated that 10-2 did not warrant a coach firing but changes needed to be made in order for the program to take the next step.

Really almost a no win situation and there are a lot of risks involved with almost any decision the administration makes concerning the program.