It's reached the point of no return

Took him long enough to get there.

LOL.

Wasn't he one of the "Don't underestimate Tim Beck" cheerleaders who balked at any skepticism when he was hired?

Oh well. Bygones be bygones. For anyone yet to join us in reality, there is no more rope for this staff. If Bo wants another uninspired season in front of a hostile fanbase, at the very least it's housecleaning time on that worthless staff to grant him the privilege. He could have hired a team of fratboys with "How to Coach LittleLeague" pamphlets––which is what this looks like in the offseason as well––and the results could not have been this disastrous.

If Bo gets another year based off the W/L record, it's hard to argue the AD made the wrong call. But let's just be real clear about what this means: this team, basically identical, except for Ameer Abdullah.

Problem is we are not representative of the Husker fan base. My FB feed has people "well it was snowing", and "Cant blame Bo, the kids didn't perform". They either cant or wont see a problem, that is a large chunk of Husker Nation.

EDIT: A lot of people just dont give a crap any more. once the rout was on how many just turned the channel?

Agree with sd'sker. Allow Bo to clean house. Open up the checkbook and get the 2 best coordinators we can.

Unbelievabley the sun came up today in eastern minnesota. Bring on Goldy.

i don't know how to tell you this, but i was being sarcastic. we have no reason to believe bo is capable of hiring or working with a competent staff.
  • Fire 2

LOL.

Wasn't he one of the "Don't underestimate Tim Beck" cheerleaders who balked at any skepticism when he was hired?

Oh well. Bygones be bygones. For anyone yet to join us in reality, there is no more rope for this staff. If Bo wants another uninspired season in front of a hostile fanbase, at the very least it's housecleaning time on that worthless staff to grant him the privilege. He could have hired a team of fratboys with "How to Coach LittleLeague" pamphlets––which is what this looks like in the offseason as well––and the results could not have been this disastrous.

If Bo gets another year based off the W/L record, it's hard to argue the AD made the wrong call. But let's just be real clear about what this means: this team, basically identical, except for Ameer Abdullah.

Problem is we are not representative of the Husker fan base. My FB feed has people "well it was snowing", and "Cant blame Bo, the kids didn't perform". They either cant or wont see a problem, that is a large chunk of Husker Nation.

EDIT: A lot of people just dont give a crap any more. once the rout was on how many just turned the channel?

Well then, we can offically lose the status of being the "smartest fans in college football" until that part of the fan base takes thier head out of the snow and starts to see what everyone else has seen for years.

LOL.

I consider this one of the rare times where I'm comforted by the fact that our opinion doesn't really matter. It's the people who pay the big bucks that will pony up or withdraw their generous donations from the university. The only thing the fanbase can do, along with the media, is turn up the heat. And it's time. Pelini has had a long leash and has failed in every stage of coaching from management to hiring to personnel decisions to preparation to in-game adjustments. There's nothing left for him to do any worse than he is doing, and no Ameericling McN. State and drubbing Rutgers does not cancel out getting shellacked every game against even or better talent.

Still a lot of "crazy" talk going on in here. Let Bo reassemble his staff? 7 years. 7 years of the same results. 7 years of different staff members under one coach. I have little confidence Bo can be a great HC with different coordinators. Shawn Watson or Tim Beck...the team still has a lot of the same issues. The team has a tendency to wilt under the spotlight. We win as the underdog. We don't win the games that put us into the national spotlight. I don't believe Bo is capable of bringing this or future teams to the next level.

It's a tough situation but times have changed since 2003. The perception and expectations of college football are much different. It's easier to measure a coach by more than his win/loss record.

Bottom-line is I don't think BO is coachable. I don't think he is able to update his schemes and staff. He's very stubborn. He's very arrogant. He's a baby. Remember the Bill Snyder incident. I brushed that off in 03 because I wanted to get behind Bo for the turnaround he made with the defense that year. That meltdown was an indication of how Bo handles heavy pressure. Not in a good way. His mental weakness carries over to the players.

Bo is a part of the problem. And I don't see a way to fix it.

I was holding on, I'm out, the Kool-aid is out, Beck and Paps need to go, like yesterday. Bo either makes changes or he goes with them. Another embarrassment on national television, no more Husker gear is being worn by me and the Husker flag will not be flown outside this house until changes are made. Period............yes, I'm a bad fan.

Not a bad fan at all BRI just another frustrated member of Husker Nation.

T_O_B

Beck and Pap definitely need to go. Keep Bo and tell him to hire seasoned coordinators or he can leave also. This was beyond embarrassing.

I'll go with this answer. I'll give Bo another year IF he cleans house, no excuses for this crap to happen. If he doesn't make the changes then I would have to consider getting rid of Bo.

You would consider it huh, you sir are a delusional glutton if you think this trainwreck is somehow gonna get straightened out with Bo at the helm! don't you get it HE IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beck and Pap definitely need to go. Keep Bo and tell him to hire seasoned coordinators or he can leave also. This was beyond embarrassing.

I'll go with this answer. I'll give Bo another year IF he cleans house, no excuses for this crap to happen. If he doesn't make the changes then I would have to consider getting rid of Bo.

You would consider it huh, you sir are a delusional glutton if you think this trainwreck is somehow gonna get straightened out with Bo at the helm! don't you get it HE IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I can honestly say I've never been called a delusional glutton before so I'll take that as a compliment, I may get a T-sh#t made with "Delusional Glutton" on the front of it just for kicks.

i do have reasoning for this. I t will be difficult to attract a coach if we fire someone outright who finishes without a losing season and a possible 10-2 season this year.

IF we tell him he needs to clean house the we can show the next coach that we are more than willing to give him the time and chances to get to the next level which makes the job more attractive.

If we give Bo the chance to clean house and he turns it around it is a win for us, if we do and he fails to improve the program and we need to let him go then we also win as we have made our job less risky in what is a very high risk venture (college coaches don't last too long).

Love the "Delusional Glutton" thing though, that was awesome. You are OK with me fine sir. :wasted