Kenny Bell Speaks Up

Completely agree that the season isn't over. Keep your chin up guys and turn it around next week. Got to tune out the critics.

Absolutely. Above all else, I hope the young men who come through our football program learn that the secret to success in life is to ignore criticism and to keep telling yourself you're perfect just the way you are!

• Fire 1

This team is soft. Both mentally and physically. That's all there is to it. Not going to bitch about it. If they're happy about it, I'm happy they're happy.

It's not just that they're soft (they are). It's also that they are being taught that criticism is to be ignored and suppressed, no matter how accurate or deserved.

Pelini and Beck have not come out and accepted responsibility and admitted that they need to re-examine things. Instead, they are doing the opposite, suggesting that Wisconsin was nothing special, an aberration, and rejecting any suggestion that there might be something to look at with their scheme or coaching. They actually go so far as to suggest we are crazy for having any doubt about the direction of the program on a day that saw literally one of the worst defensive performances in the history of college football.

It blows my mind that Pelini's defense could give up 408 yards to one running back in three quarters and literally go, "What's the big deal?" The disconnect is insane.

• Fire 1