Eichorst: We (Pelini and staff) did not meet expectations on or off the field

The repeated references to character and "off the field" have me wondering if there's something that happened that we don't know about yet.

Possible.....but Pelini arguing and being rude to media constantly, his unnecessary outburst ( i do believe their are plenty that are justified) on and off the field.

I think his constant cursing, that was caught on camera (reading lips) was def a factor

The repeated references to character and "off the field" have me wondering if there's something that happened that we don't know about yet.

Possible.....but Pelini arguing and being rude to media constantly, his unnecessary outburst ( i do believe their are plenty that are justified) on and off the field.

I think his constant cursing, that was caught on camera (reading lips) was def a factor

Yeah the game Friday just before halftime and the low kickoff, he was in the kickers ear yelling "what the F were you thinking?" like 3 times right on camera. It really wasn't hard reading his lips at that point and if you missed it the first time you didn't the second and third time he said it.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nu-regent-hal-daub-there-was-a-growing-feeling-that/article_e5809f8e-78c1-11e4-8f05-97047954a703.html

"Over the last two or three years, there was a growing feeling that expectations were not being met,'' he said. "We've had an enormous amount of patience giving Coach Pelini the opportunity to take our team to the next level. Now we're going to find someone who can.''

Daub also suggested that other off-field issues beyond Pelini's record played into the decision, saying the won-loss record "is one, but only one, of the measurements'' of the coach's performance. Daub seemed to be alluding to Pelini's past sideline behavioral issues, but declined to comment further.

"I will not other than to say there's a lot more to the story that's appropriately muted,'' Daub said.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nu-regent-hal-daub-there-was-a-growing-feeling-that/article_e5809f8e-78c1-11e4-8f05-97047954a703.html

"Over the last two or three years, there was a growing feeling that expectations were not being met,'' he said. "We've had an enormous amount of patience giving Coach Pelini the opportunity to take our team to the next level. Now we're going to find someone who can.''

Daub also suggested that other off-field issues beyond Pelini's record played into the decision, saying the won-loss record "is one, but only one, of the measurements'' of the coach's performance. Daub seemed to be alluding to Pelini's past sideline behavioral issues, but declined to comment further.

"I will not other than to say there's a lot more to the story that's appropriately muted,'' Daub said.

Interesting. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

yes, that was a pretty juicy little carrot from eichorst, wasn't it?

OK, but if we hire Tressel then this looks pretty hypocritical. He not only had his team go on probation but flat-out lied to the NCAA during the investigation. If he's the new coach I'm OK with it but don't cite character then turn around and hire a guy that was fired for a character issue.

OK, but if we hire Tressel then this looks pretty hypocritical. He not only had his team go on probation but flat-out lied to the NCAA during the investigation. If he's the new coach I'm OK with it but don't cite character then turn around and hire a guy that was fired for a character issue.

Oh come on.

Tressel protected his players and refused to sell them or the university out. That's why his show cause penalty is so severe. The NCAA wanted him to flip and didn't.

So he didn't sell out a bunch of kids he promised he'd protect. That's integrity, one of the five things in our Athletic departments core beliefs.

Oh come on.

Tressel protected his players and refused to sell them or the university out. That's why his show cause penalty is so severe. The NCAA wanted him to flip and didn't.

So he didn't sell out a bunch of kids he promised he'd protect. That's integrity, one of the five things in our Athletic departments core beliefs.

That is considerable spin on what happened, and I really don't think you'd do it if Bo did the same thing. Not saying he's a bad guy but putting him up on a pedestal for lying about what was going on is a real stretch.