Which former program comes back to power first?

Drive1010

Considering recruiting base and just the geography lay out, it would be easy to say that Nebraska is going to take along time if ever getting back to a title game or title.

Here is what you must consider however: Big 10 is weak most years having maybe one or two legit national teams. After seeing the selections for college football playoffs, I like Nebraska's chances before some others.

Miami will be back soon. They have way more in there favor than most schools in the country. Once they decide to hire the right fit as coach once again, look out.....

Tennessee is in my opinion the weakest link in this discussion. Programs that will "be back" in my opinion in order:

Here are my schools who are in a funk and whom I think will ascend back to greatness in the next few years.

Michigan- might be in worse shape than any other program right now!!!!

Miami- Its hard to consider them in this because they won a title and played for another in the 2000's (OU ring a bell in this discussion)

Nebraska-is actually on paper in a better position than most any of these teams right now.

Tennessee- headed back into the right direction, but the SEC power has shifted to the state of Alabama with Bama and Auburn.

USC-looks better than the Kiffin years already

Texas- They will fire Strong in the next two seasons and hire a big name to compete, YEAH, RIGHT!!!!!

OU- If BIG GAME BOB don't deliver soon, he is going to be looking for a new home.

Power has shifted to the West coast and southern states. Talent is staying in the warmer climates. Looking at this I think Nebraska is in a really good spot. Given the conference strength and location, it is going to be harder than some, but not as hard as others.

Considering recruiting base and just the geography lay out, it would be easy to say that Nebraska is going to take along time if ever getting back to a title game or title.

Here is what you must consider however: Big 10 is weak most years having maybe one or two legit national teams. After seeing the selections for college football playoffs, I like Nebraska's chances before some others.

Miami will be back soon. They have way more in there favor than most schools in the country. Once they decide to hire the right fit as coach once again, look out.....

Tennessee is in my opinion the weakest link in this discussion. Programs that will "be back" in my opinion in order:

Here are my schools who are in a funk and whom I think will ascend back to greatness in the next few years.

Michigan- might be in worse shape than any other program right now!!!!

Miami- Its hard to consider them in this because they won a title and played for another in the 2000's (OU ring a bell in this discussion)

Nebraska-is actually on paper in a better position than most any of these teams right now.

Tennessee- headed back into the right direction, but the SEC power has shifted to the state of Alabama with Bama and Auburn.

USC-looks better than the Kiffin years already

Texas- They will fire Strong in the next two seasons and hire a big name to compete, YEAH, RIGHT!!!!!

OU- If BIG GAME BOB don't deliver soon, he is going to be looking for a new home.

Power has shifted to the West coast and southern states. Talent is staying in the warmer climates. Looking at this I think Nebraska is in a really good spot. Given the conference strength and location, it is going to be harder than some, but not as hard as others.

That's a good list. I might add Penn State since they used to be a tough top 15 team. Maybe Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Colorado and Washington. I don't think these teams will be perennial super powers, but they used to be programs that were difficult to play and usually fluxed between #10 and #17.

I like Tennessee when I think of SEC teams. So I hope they do bounce back into the big picture. I don't know which team you listed will return to a level of near dominance for the next decade, but it is possible that any of those could become a yearly 2 loss max type of program. I'm biased so naturally I hope it's our Huskers. And from a distance, pulling for the Vols to beat up some of the SEC power houses.