Empty seat on the bus for Bo

I thought Nebraska was going to win heading into Saturday, until I heard about this yesterday afternoon. Then, I knew, there's no way they're going to win. The guy didn't die - he got fired for being abrasive and a poor coach.

I'm all for players loving their coach, and loving their team. But, at some point, you have to also you realize your career is also a lot about you. There's also a really good chance that any of these guys who go to the NFL are going to go through AT LEAST one coaching change in their career. I felt as soon as they made this about their previous head coach instead of about themselves, they sealed their fate.

I may be wrong but BO was fired more for the off field and side line action then winning the wrong 9 game per season, if he was Mr nice guy he still be here.

Very true and a valuable lesson for the young men in the program: In the real world, you can be mediocre at your job or an asshat, but not both.

• Fire 1

I thought Nebraska was going to win heading into Saturday, until I heard about this yesterday afternoon. Then, I knew, there's no way they're going to win. The guy didn't die - he got fired for being abrasive and a poor coach.

I'm all for players loving their coach, and loving their team. But, at some point, you have to also you realize your career is also a lot about you. There's also a really good chance that any of these guys who go to the NFL are going to go through AT LEAST one coaching change in their career. I felt as soon as they made this about their previous head coach instead of about themselves, they sealed their fate.

I may be wrong but BO was fired more for the off field and side line action then winning the wrong 9 game per season, if he was Mr nice guy he still be here.

If Bo had won a Big 10 title he'd still have a job. If he had even made it to the title game, chances are he'd still have a job.

Attitude is certainly a part of it, but I'd say the same thing about Mike Riley. If he had the same record as Bo, same losses against big opponents and no conference titles, he should be fired too. That's the precedent we've set.

Regardless, my point still holds true - the players made this about the coach instead of about themselves. That's why they lost.

Regardless, my point still holds true - the players made this about the coach instead of about themselves. That's why they lost.

I saw players playing for themselves, for their teammates, for the coaching staff that remained, and for the integrity of the game. They played hard against an incredibly athletic team, avoided the meltdown we all feared was coming, and made it an entertaining bowl game down to the final second. I'd even say they were more focused and disciplined than most Bo-coached teams.

Your point can't possibly hold true since it's wildly self-serving speculation, contradicted by the available evidence.

I really wish Husker fans could have enjoyed yesterday's game more.