Dems' House task force to hone 2016 messaging

House Democrats on Tuesday will unveil a new task force that party leaders hope will reboot their messaging strategy ahead of 2016.

Democrats lost 13 seats on Election Day, and there has been strong criticism from within the Democratic Caucus that the party’s message was badly out of step with the American public.

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and New York Rep. Steve Israel, the chairman of the policy and communications group, hand-selected the 16-member committee that is designed to broaden their policy and messaging ideas as Democrats look to rebuild their numbers in the House.

LINK

I'm glad these idiots have so much time on their hands. It's not like they have anything better to do... like GOVERNING.

I'll probably get jumped on for this thread, but this just pissed me off. The Democrats need a committee to rebrand themselves after the 2014 debacle? Hey, nitwits, here's an idea: Come up with solutions to the problems real Americans are facing, spend your time pushing them through congress, and if you meet resistance hold press conferences & rallies & in general raise hell until they get through. That alone will rebrand you as "the party who gets stuff done."

We could use a party like that right now.

You don't need a task force. You need to pull your heads out of your asses & realize America hates you.

Better still, how about America just votes these goons out of office.

Yes, either Dems or Repubs - goes back to the "image is everything' camera commercial. Image not substance - regardless of the party. Key: you can fool, reposition yourself wt the gullible voter (as the ACA guy said - the stupid voter) without having to change the substance of what you do or don't do or who you are. Time to get these guys out of the PR game and into governance.

It all is about getting reelected. They don't give a flying rip that their approval rating is in the tank. They look at that as just part of the game and laugh all the way to the bank.

Yep. And if they don't get reelected they land lucrative lobbying jobs on K Street. There really isn't any way to lose once you're in the club.

It all is about getting reelected. They don't give a flying rip that their approval rating is in the tank. They look at that as just part of the game and laugh all the way to the bank.

Yep. And if they don't get reelected they land lucrative lobbying jobs on K Street. There really isn't any way to lose once you're in the club.

yes and it doesn't matter - conservative or liberal. They all have greased skids to easy street. Get elected one time, do the bidding of a lobbyist- it is all paved out in front of you. I've seen it wt conservative reps from Okla and more liberal ones (yes a few years back we had liberal reps in congress)

Why not rebrand themselves? It's just a big show anyway.

The Republican party has literally done nothing but talk about their "image" for the past four years. Neither side has been focused on progress.

Yet, after what the American people should have seen right through as a sham, the American people instead vote overwhelmingly Republican and unseat 13 democratic house members.

I can't lean either way on this too far.

The American Government is a dog and pony show and really actually accomplishes very little. American voters are easily fooled.

So if the Democartic party stoops to the level of rebranding their image for the sake of gaining a few positions back, I'm not surprised at all. American voters will be sucked right in. It's all about getting votes, taking your seat at the table, and sitting on your hands for as long as you can all while living comfortably at the taxpayers expense.

Make a few bucks for your rich pals, set yourself up for the future, and when the other guy does a better job at "show and tell" the next time around, you go back to the oil business or the stock market where you and our daddy have been lying, cheating and stealing since the day you were born anyway.

Honestly I was shocked by the overwhelming support for the Republican party in these last elections. I kind of thought American people were smarter.

Maybe American people are smarter but the American voter is the problem.

I still think the Democratic parties ideals fall more in line with the majority of people (not around here of course) but I don't think the American voter reflects that enough. People, especially young people, need to represent themselves.

Maybe a new effort from Democrats to inform these people of the importance of their role is needed.

Either way, it's gonna be hard to "govern" if the house is overwhelmingly Republican and Democrats find a fight in everything they do.