Happy Birthday Muhammad Ali

Happy 73rd Champ. You were the greatest, are the greatest, I have never seen any fighter that could match you. Enjoy your day.

T_O_B

I'm a bit shocked you would post this. Was a draft dodger.

Bring your head back out into the sun shine. He gave up his prime and would have never served in any capacity other than as a pitch man for the military (ala Elvis). It was a time you obviously know nothing about. Draft dodger my butt. Do some research before you show your stupidity.

T_O_B

Happy 73rd Champ. You were the greatest, are the greatest, I have never seen any fighter that could match you. Enjoy your day.

T_O_B

Bring your head back out into the sun shine. He gave up his prime and would have never served in any capacity other than as a pitch man for the military (ala Elvis). It was a time you obviously know nothing about. Draft dodger my butt. Do some research before you show your stupidity.

T_O_B

Thanks for the insult. I just lost a ton of respect for you. I know you served in Vietnam, that was why this was shocking to me. And yes, he was draft dodger.

a Houston jury took only 20 minutes to convict Ali—still called Cassius Clay in court—of draft evasion. He was given a five-year prison sentence and a $10,000 fine. He would also be stripped of his passport and his heavyweight title, and was banned from fighting in the United States.

http://www.findingdulcinea.com/news/on-this-day/May-June-08/On-this-Day--Muhammad-Ali-Convicted-of-Draft-Evasion.html

T_O_B

T_O_B

Thanks for the insult. I just lost a ton of respect for you. I know you served in Vietnam, that was why this was shocking to me. And yes, he was draft dodger.

Sorry to have disappointed you. In my mind 'the dodgers' went to Canada. Ali took a stand and paid a price for that stand. The fine was a drop in the bucket but being stripped of his title and not being allowed to fight was significant, I was against the war, I protested, and I campaigned for Gene McCarthy in three states. When the time came I did my duty and served. Have my political views changed since then? Absolutely, Jimmy Peanut helped me make an easy transition from one party to another.

I apologize for the insult MLB. We obviously have different definitions of the term 'draft dodger.' I've been an Ali fan ever since he first won the heavy weight championship and find it to be tragic that he will spend the rest of his life suffering from a debilitating disease.

T_O_B