247 Says DPE Performed Like a Five-Star Recruit

Mavric

You do know that when pass plays are called, theyre not 100% certain to go to the player you want, right? As the routes develope, and the coverage rotates, a lot of times the guy you want to get ball wont get the ball. You have to go to the open guy.

I'm not an idiot, I can tell you a lot about the play that I am talking about. Firstly, it was a four verticals concept, in this case, UCLA is blitzing, and based on the coverage, the outside WR's can run the fade or comeback. Considering the inside seam would clear the FS from being anywhere near the comeback, the comeback was the route run. It is obvious, based on coverage, TM's 3 step drop and the blitz where TM is going, the comeback. Who is running the comeback? Wullenwaber. He's the outside WR, meanwhile, Bell, Westerkamp, and Carter all run their prospective verticals. Enunwa sits on the sideline with Turner watching.

All those guys you listed?, they all had cases of the dropsies too. You can complain and analyze the personeel and playcall all you want. Bottom line is, they guy was open, the ball was thrown to the right guy, and he dropped it.

You really think Dallas Cowboys throw the damn ball in critical situations to Terrance Williams? No, the damn ball is going to flippin' Dez Bryant. It would be stupid not to throw to one of your best players.

On a 3rd and long, you throw to one of your best players. You put out the best players out there, because a 3 and out after UCLA just took the lead is not how you win a football game. Am I wrong here? And if I am, sorry to Beck for that, sorry for suggesting we have our best players out on the field on a 3rd and long...

To be fair, Wullenwaber was supposed to be one of the fastest players on the team at the time. May have played a small part in that decision.

So if Dez is double covered, still throw to him instead of a wide open Terrance Williams running free across the field. Dez Bryant is the only Cowboy receiver to catch passes this year. Got it.

LOL. This is fun.

No, you call a play that clears him from double coverage, the way they threw to him in their loss to Green Bay. Because guess what, he was in m2m coverage and he made a play. You think that was by accident? The same way Beck has a favorite play that clears in inside WR in short yardage situations that leaves him in m2m coverage with a safety or LB. The same play we won against MSU in 2012, and scored on out 2 point conversion against USC in the Bowl game.

You know what whatever, I'm the idiot here. Sorry for seeing the cover 3 UCLA was playing on their blitz, and seeing the 4 verticals and suggesting Bell should have been in his outside position instead of the opposite side running the comeback. I'm an idiot.

So if Dez is double covered, still throw to him instead of a wide open Terrance Williams running free across the field. Dez Bryant is the only Cowboy receiver to catch passes this year. Got it.

LOL. This is fun.

No, you call a play that clears him from double coverage, the way they threw to him in their loss to Green Bay. Because guess what, he was in m2m coverage and he made a play. You think that was by accident? The same way Beck has a favorite play that clears in inside WR in short yardage situations that leaves him in m2m coverage with a safety or LB. The same play we won against MSU in 2012, and scored on out 2 point conversion against USC in the Bowl game.

You know what whatever, I'm the idiot here. Sorry for seeing the cover 3 UCLA was playing on their blitz, and seeing the 4 verticals and suggesting Bell should have been in his outside position instead of the opposite side running the comeback. I'm an idiot.

I didnt say you were an idiot. But you did insinuate that we should be able to get the ball to the right guy on every single play. And youre nitpickin a play or two in the course of a 7 year era to justify it. Being critical of the playcall and the personnell. Bottom line is, Wullenwaber was open, the ball was thrown to him, and he dropped it. And any one of those other recveivers couldve dropped it as well. You can analyze and preach the Xs and Os to make you feel better about it all you want.