coach option?

There is a big rumor that Rick Majerus may be our next head coach...he had dinner yesterday with pederson and boehm. It was said to be nothing more than dinner among old friends, but hope it is more husker nation...I would love to land this guy in lincoln to put this b-ball team on its feet. Didn't listen to it, but I guess he was on 1620 The Zone today...he said he would like to coach again.

I read about this in the paper and it seemed to be more rumor than substance. Majerus is a great coach, but I question whether or not he would be committed to coming back to the coaching ranks after he backed out on USC last season. He'd be a great pick up, but I don't see it happening.

There is a big rumor that Rick Majerus may be our next head coach...he had dinner yesterday with pederson and boehm. It was said to be nothing more than dinner among old friends, but hope it is more husker nation...I would love to land this guy in lincoln to put this b-ball team on its feet. Didn't listen to it, but I guess he was on 1620 The Zone today...he said he would like to coach again.

That's not"old friends" talking, that's possible the new coach

That's not"old friends" talking, that's possible the new coach

thats what I am really hoping for...but I was just going by a quote from rick...

Rick was also interviewed on tv...where in both his radio and tv interviews husker fans think he played dumb the whole time...also read that Billy C was there as well...why all this attention and no coaching talk? There has to be something there and it is being kept only among a few...otherwise there shouldn't be so much attention on the guy...

The same thing happend with the Dallas Cowboys between Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones. Parcells was working on the espn pregame show and word got out that he had dinner with jerry jones. Parcells kept saying it was nothing more than two guys getting together and talking about football. A few months later Parcells is named head coach of the cowboys. I find it hard to believe that while our basketball team is struggling Pederson just happens to have a dinner with Rick Majerus. There had to be talk about Majerus coaching the huskers.

Ya no kidding! Shatel had a good article in the OWH today about the dinner. Either SP thinks we're stupid, or.... i guess he thinks we are stupid. How could he not talk about the program and the future. what do you think they talked about. It will be interesting to see how this (and the season) shakes out.

I bet it was a Buffett! Sorry I couldn't resist. :clap

IMO it'd be a surprise to see Majerus as the next HC. Even if he wants to coach again, I don't see him staying more than a few years, which is something I think the program should avoid. But who knows? My bet is that while they talked about the possibility of him taking the reins, they also discussed who else would be a good option for the Huskers. The man knows basketball and he surely knows of some folks who will be available and a good fit for the program.

How old is Majerus? I suspect that dinner was about prospective coaches who might be available for next season. If so, Pederson is continuing to be a brilliant AD! He is bringing NU out of a real downtime that has existed since the late '90s. We badly needed new facilities, including stadium expansion, a football team with a future of winning some kind of championship and now, hopefully, a MBBB team for the future that is more than treading water. It did it at Pitt and we're fortunate to have him with us.