Miles: Offense Lacking Pace, Rhythm and Execution

Mavric

.... other than that, things are great. chuckleshuffle

Tim Miles began his segment on Monday’s Big Ten coaches’ teleconference by saying he’d just gotten a haircut, and noticed some extra gray hairs.

“The way we play offense, I think, is the cause,” Miles said.
That’s a reasonable assumption.
The question is what Miles and his Nebraska basketball players can do to fix their offensive woes, particularly in road games, given the Huskers, after Tuesday’s home game with No. 5 Wisconsin, play four of five games on the road.
And what Miles said Monday, two days after his team shot a season-worst 29.6 percent in a 56-43 loss at Penn State, wasn’t encouraging.
The offensive issues, Miles said, initially began as missing open shots, and have now grown into lack of execution problems, too.
“We’re not even running to our stuff and getting to our spots and making hard cuts and running sharply in screens. Now we’ve lost that, and you’ve really lost a chance to be a good offensive team,” Miles said.
“You have to run with pace. You have to have an offense with pace and rhythm. Now it seems like we’re so impatient, if we run an action, to get to an end of an action, that it’s really hurt our offense even more.”

LJS

Miles has been trying to find any answers he can for the Huskers' offensive problems, but the issue might be that their struggles go far beyond anything that can be solved by X's and O's.

"I think simplifying it to the word 'problems' is the problem," Miles said. "I think it goes well beyond that. It started out and I thought we were missing shots, but now we're not executing well either. We're not even running our stuff and getting to our spots and making hard cuts and running sharp lane screens. So now when you've lost that, you've really lost the chance to be a good offensive team.
"You have to run with pace. You have to have an offense with pace and rhythm, and now it seems like we're so impatient that it's really hurt our offense even more. Originally it felt like we were missing some open shots, but now, more disgustingly, we're just not running our stuff well or executing well, and that's on me and that's on our guys."

Link

If I am Miles, i start changing our lineups a little bit.

Pitchford only wants to take the 3 most games.. but we need more from him.

Leslee Smith deserves a chance. He has good moves down low.

Tarin Smith shows moments but is still a freshman and is a little skitish

Tai has become a lock down defender and has played loads better when he just goes instead of over thinking things.

Lineup i would like to see:

Leslee Smith

Pitchford

Shields

Petteway

Tarin Smith

Then you bring in Webster and Benny and go a small lineup of:

Pitch

Shields

Petteway

Webster

Parker

I think Benny and Rivers are much better off the bench and i dont like them on the floor together...

If I am Miles, i start changing our lineups a little bit.

Pitchford only wants to take the 3 most games.. but we need more from him.

Leslee Smith deserves a chance. He has good moves down low.

Tarin Smith shows moments but is still a freshman and is a little skitish

Tai has become a lock down defender and has played loads better when he just goes instead of over thinking things.

Lineup i would like to see:

Leslee Smith

Pitchford

Shields

Petteway

Tarin Smith

Then you bring in Webster and Benny and go a small lineup of:

Pitch

Shields

Petteway

Webster

Parker

I think Benny and Rivers are much better off the bench and i dont like them on the floor together...

Leslee lack of mobility has been an issue this year on defense, this is why he is not playing. He is just not the same guy since the injurt. I like giving Webster the other starting position, as he earned it.