A New Rival

Wouldn't it be sweet if fans traveled to Ames in such numbers that they outnumber the home crowd. Does anyone know if they sell out for their home fans? If so, what is usually the visitor allocation?

When I was there for the 2002 debacle, they set an attendance record which was nearly 50,000(they have a hillside area). There are usually a ton of Husker fans there, I'd say in the neighborhood of 10-15,000. I might have to make the trek again this year, third time's a charm. :thumbs

Years ago I remember Ames being a sea of (Go Big) Red. Litterally!, I remeber chanting the HUSKER POWER chant there while laughing. We owned Jack Trice for years, not including the past couple of tries.

yeah... WE OWN THEM ALL... let clone and every other cyclone and ksucks and sCUm and Misery and jayblock fan try to think otherwise... doesnt change the fact our records show that they cant ever change that record unless the university of NEBRASKA loses for the next 60 years, that we OWN them...

if it werent against the law we could sell these other north teams into slavery....

Yeah, one can just sit around and think of the past, but obviously times are changing fast. The Sooners and Horns went above the bar and established themselves by going out and getting big time coaching and upgraded with bigtime facilitites. Recruits followed and now they seem to be the big dogs in the conference. Is Callahan going to be one of those coaches? Hey pigsonthewing, NU might own better records over time with 99% of the conference, they don't own anybody anymore. One year at a time.

I am not going to the stadium to watch the records on the field. The scoreboard doesn't keep score of the 95' champions. It is 2006, things have changed a whole lot. NU has a coach with NO ties to the program. Did you ever think that was going to happen? NU won the Alamo Bowl over Michigan and everybody went nuts, like they should of done. Did you ever think a victory in the Alamo Bowl would be bigtime in Lincoln? I sure did not. It is getting much better though, for the present team. But hey, that's just me.

The K-Staters might be the rival now. NU hasn't beaten them in Manhattan since 96', they have won the last 4 of 6 over NU, and stole the prize recruit of the 06' class. Their new coach might not be worth a damm in the future, but things are getting hot with these two programs these days.

The Huskers had better start doing it now, or the rest of the North will have caught up for sure. True, the records are great, they really are. Another year like last would be a horrible sign of where the program is compared to where they are used to be in the league. They can do it though. Big year in 06' for Callahan.

I guess a natural rival can be a team you only play every 2 years? If NU were to make it to the Big XII championship game and OU is there, that works I suppose. Here are some "natural rivals" for you:

Notre Dame vs. USC

Alabama vs. Auburn

OU vs. Texas (that rivalry is much bigger that OU-NU these days, just ask OU fans)

Miami vs. FSU

Michigan vs. Ohio St.

Mizzou vs. Kansas (Border War, absolutely hate each other)

West Virginia vs. Pitt (Backyard Brawl)

Florida vs. Georgia (World's largest cocktail party, every year.)

OU "was" the biggest rival in the past. And it is still a "huge" game when the two teams play, always will get the big-time exposure it surely deserves. Just not the rivalry it once was.

You are only as good as your last game. Scoreboard. Living in history is what got this program to the level it is. Forget the past and look to the future. Trust me there is not one team in the Big 12 that is afraid of Nebraska. We need to start now, and kick butt. What happened 10 years ago means squat.

We have a coach now that can get us back where we once were. But only with the support of the fans. Get on the bandwagon, even if it is only 8-4. Next year will be better and the following better yet.

We own no one unless we beat them this year!!! Hunger is the only thing that will put this program back on top.

scoreboard? ill quote myself from earlier in the thread

according to huskerpedia we are: 45-17-2 vs the Puffs, 86-16-2 vs Iowa St., 87-22-3 vs Kansas, 73-15-2 vs KSU, 64-34-3 vs Missouri. Against the south: 8-1-0 vs Baylor, 36-3-1 vs Oklahoma St., 9-2 vs Texas A&M, 7-1 vs Tech which is wrong but huskerpedia hasnt updated so we are actually 7-2 vs Texas tech, and we are 4-6-0 vs TEXAS. We are 37-42-3 vs OU.

Who cares? If you want to live in the past, go ahead. Sure, it is one of the best historys in all of college football. I respect that. The 06' version of NU football is what's being discussed and what's important now to the Husker Nation. Future Governor Osborne doesn't coach here anymore. Nor does Coach Solich. Move on my man.

Who cares? If you want to live in the past, go ahead. Sure, it is one of the best historys in all of college football. I respect that. The 06' version of NU football is what's being discussed and what's important now to the Husker Nation. Future Governor Osborne doesn't coach here anymore. Nor does Coach Solich. Move on my man.

Werent you saying on another post that NU hasnt won in ksu since

96. Isnt that living in the past. Nebraska won last year there onje up.