A New Rival

I COMPLETELY agree that KSU and CU are NU's new rivals. Yep, let's send both schools a postcard a note telling them so. That way, instead of posting on our schedule each year KSU and CU, we can replace their names with 'Quasimoto' and 'Pippi Longsocking'.

Who says we need a rival? That is just an overhyped term used to sell tickets. Yes, OU used to be one. No, unless something changes, they're not. Last I checked, Nebraska doesn't need assistance selling tickets due to one opponent.

Please, NU, don't succumb to the media and other schools into dedicating a 'rival'. All that does is make a team nervous and think it's do or die if NU defeats them or not. Last I checked, Nebraska should have that attitude game in and game out without ANY title.

Good point - considering everytime NEBRASKA loses the majority of teams tear down their goal posts, The last couple of years is funny though, we've been down and they still do it. I guess they are getting they're shots in while they can. I like the idea of NO RIVAL. :restore2

I'm just like a lot of you, Okla was are rival when i was growing up, hated to see it end. I sure didn't want to change the Big 8 either but everything seems to change sooner or later. Like I posted before, adding those 4 teams didn't help us at all. Just kept the Texas kids at instate schools more. The one team I guess that I want us to beat the worst is Col, just because of the way their fans act. Then Texas, because of where their at now. But Okl is still my favorite game.

GBR!!!

It seems like everyone wants to be a "rival" to the Huskers in the north.

Only seems that way to you folks. Check the message boards of B12 schools. Don't think so. :)

I beg to differ. Check the KSU and CU boards people here have been talking about..

Now check OU, KU, OSU,TX, ISU, MU, TT

Allbuffs has one thread on front page mentioning nu- it was started by an NU poster from Omaha.

Jayhawkslant- no nu threads, several KSU ones.

TX- AGGIE hating baby..

Cyclone report- gave up at page 8- no Nu bashing, traditionally hawkeye haters

SoonerFans- looks like they are wrapped up with TX. No nu bashing at all.

redraidersports- looks like they hate 'bama for some reason. No Nu bashing there either.

powermizzou.com-- combined bball and fball- c/n find a fb rival there.

Maybe you guys can find me an example of an NU rival. I'd say the closest is CU and they hate csu too.

I really do not think we have a rival game. We want to win them all. But I would like to see a rivalry game outside of the Big 12. I like inter conference battles like Texas/Ohio State last year. I look at it as the opportunity to see other quality teams on a regular basis. I would rather see Florida State, or Michigan every year than La Tech or McNiclols stte any time. The game is about competition. Seek it out and prove you are the best every year.

I understand the easy schedule and realize it is the future for major powers. But we should be above it in my eyes. The kids we are recruiting want he best competition. It helps in recruiting and fund raising when you beat the big boys on a regular basis. We need to get back to that attitude.

Only seems that way to you folks. Check the message boards of B12 schools. Don't think so. :)

I beg to differ. Check the KSU and CU boards people here have been talking about..

Allbuffs has one thread on front page mentioning nu- it was started by an NU poster from Omaha.

TX- AGGIE hating baby..

redraidersports- looks like they hate 'bama for some reason. No Nu bashing there either.

Maybe you guys can find me an example of an NU rival. I'd say the closest is CU and they hate csu too.

You are missing my point.

First, I said North only.

I went to the KU game this year. They haven't beat is in 40 years. They did this year and they couldn't have been happier. Hell, they had a team picture in front of the scoreboard!

CU, well CU is CU.

Missouri always gives us a good game. Or at least has in recent history.

KSU is the same way as Missouri.

Iowa State? Same deal.

My point is they really aren't rivals (thus why I used "rivals"), but every team in the North "gets up" for NU every year. If you go to the road games, it's a big deal. I've been to KU and ISU twice on the road. It's considered red letter if you beat the Big Red. No doubt about that.

TX- AGGIE hating baby..

You are missing my point.

First, I said North only.

I went to the KU game this year. They haven't beat is in 40 years. They did this year and they couldn't have been happier. Hell, they had a team picture in front of the scoreboard!

CU, well CU is CU.

Missouri always gives us a good game. Or at least has in recent history.

KSU is the same way as Missouri.

Iowa State? Same deal.

My point is they really aren't rivals (thus why I used "rivals"), but every team in the North "gets up" for NU every year. If you go to the road games, it's a big deal. I've been to KU and ISU twice on the road. It's considered red letter if you beat the Big Red. No doubt about that.

Yes, you are right Dave. I missed the point. :)

TX- AGGIE hating baby..

Thanks for making my point. I don't CARE who does or doesn't consider NU a rival, let alone wasting the time trolling other teams' websites looking for that sense of belonging, if you will. If other teams talked and bashed every other team on their schedule but us, fine. I am concerned with MY program, not how everyone else perceives it.

The only rivalry was OU, and it's over. And it was a great rivalry, not only on the field, but also the respect OU and NU fans showed for each other. Find me a CU or KSU fan that respects anything. Not much luck there. Who would want to consider teams with mainly bandwagoners and poor losers AND poor winners a part of a rivalry?!?