A New Rival

Very true. I'm not focused on it, don't really relish in it. Happy to have the recent history versus NU, but what happened then and up until now doesn't really mean much for the upcoming 06' campaign. Of course NU has the phenomenal history and results to fall back on, KSU doesn't. Who knows, I might feel the same if we had that history. But we don't. Good point though.

Pig,

Scoreboard. We are Missouri, Kansas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma's bitch. That is reality untill we play them again and win. I have been around this team for over 50 years as a fan. I love our past history, but that is all that it is. We strive to be the best, not the best in the past, but today. Right now we are not as good as the four above mentioned teams. Deal with it and make preperations to change it. I could care less if we beat Florida in the Fiesta bowl, I want win the future games, history only is concern of todays fans. The recruits don't even know we played in a NC. All they know is we ran (in their minds) an antiquated offense and want no part of it. We have to show we are up with current football to move into the forefront again. BC is doing that.

Too many think that the mid 90's were a given and it would continue no matter what happened. Well guess what, thinking that way and trying to live on past accomplishments killed this program.

Respect your opponents and understand that everyone of them is out there every single day trying to get better, just as Nebraska is.

It always amazed me how Kansas State always gave us a pretty good game. They had no history other than losing. Guess it did not mean much on that side but it does on ours.

her is my take on any team being any other teams bitch. if team A's record against team B over the course of 5 decades is lopsided in team A's favor, then team B is team A's bitch period. now Missu, TT, and KU were not NU's bitch last year because they all beat NU but until the overall record between the schools is remotely close they are still NU's bitch. OU and NU will never be one anothers bitch because of the history between the teams.

well that is my take, for what it is worth.

her is my take on any team being any other teams bitch.  if team A's record against team B over the course of 5 decades is lopsided in team A's favor, then team B is team A's bitch period.  now Missu, TT, and KU were not NU's bitch last year because they all beat NU but until the overall record between the schools is remotely close they are still NU's bitch.  OU and NU will never be one anothers bitch because of the history between the teams.

well that is my take, for what it is worth.

i concur. and i also agree the f'in hillbillies probably uspet a lot of OU fans and throw fuel on the fire. we all know truth hurts. just ask this guy.

I know that I might ruffle a few feathers with this statment but I hope that no one takes it the wrong way.

T.O. will probably never be surpassed as the greatest coach in NU history and you could argue that he is one of college football's greatest coaches of all time also.

But how many times did we see Tom walking on the sidelines and not show any emotion when some very bad calls from the refs went against us. The catch by PSU, the phantom clip against FSU, ect. He never showed much emotion which we all came to appriciate. I am not saying that T.O. was not an intense person he just hid it very well from the public view. Now we have a coach that shows his emotion and intensity by calling OU fans what they are (most of them anyway), he shows the refs what he thinks of the ability, or lack there of, with the famous throat slash, or the evil stare. I find this very refreshing and actually fun to watch because you never know what is going to happen next.

by the way I still think that he was telling the ref that he had it up to here with the &hitty calls, not throat slash IMHO.

Obviously most of you were not around to see the Bob Father in action.

Scoreboard is current, it is not past, it is today.

Cling to the past and rant on about our old wins. But they mean absolutely nothing.

If you lose to an opponent they own you at the time.

There are many in that category.

Alabama fell like a rock. It did not matter how many NC they had, and still have victories over most of their competitors. No one even mentions their past victories comparing to the current dominance in the SEC.

Army used to be a power house.

Notre Dame the same.

Are there Nebraska fans afraid to play either at this time.

Its win or lose, there is no middle ground.

Any of you guys feel Texas Tech has the slightest fear of playing Nebraska anytime soon. They certainly have been intimidated by our wonderful record over the last 50 years. 70-10, yea it made a difference. It means nothing. You put the best team on the field you normally win, not always but normally.

History and tradition was important in the past. But now days it carries very little importantance in the athelet selecting a program. It truly is only important to the fans for bragging rights and the current and past players.

If we were to go 0-10 do you expect to recruit players from the top of the list. We showed tremendous improvement this year, but were unable to crack the top 100 of the supposed best athletes. There are very few programs that have the history and tradition of Nebraska but where that should be a major selling tool it is not working. Winning is the only thing that is important, current results. IE See Oklahom, LSU, Florida State, USC, Georgia, Texas, Miami, all are at the top of the recruiting list. Not one of those schools showed the domination this program did during the 90s. But they have continued to win while we were falling. See a trend?

You are only as good as your last game.

yeah ok tradition and history mean nothing, but when recruits are interviewed they always mention nebraska's tradition and history. they mean nothing, thats why when a team can beat us they always run up the score because hey the past means nothing. the past means nothing but then why do the goalposts always come down whenever mizery or any other north team wins against us? because we have a history of destroying them. and all the teams you listed have no history at all.. :sarcasm

and i do see a trend and we got rid of the guy who started that trend.

and what else are we going to rant about, the wins that we havent even gotten yet?

You get the tradition and history comments from those that have signed.

Most made the comment they know little about Nebraska other than we ran an antiquated offense. Now that BC is here that has changed and no one could be happier about that.

I agree totally the problem has left. I am a big fan of BC and have sent alot of money to the program since he was hired.

This program was living in the past with Frank at the controls. I like Frank and I personally know him. I have not met BC yet, was suppose to this fall during the Wake Forest week, but had a near death in the family and did not get back on the day I was suppose to see him. I have spoken to him on the phone twice and I am very impressed with him to say the least. I have voiced that since day one. I have been a booster of this program for over 30 years and I am not talking a couple of hundred a year.

I love this team and program and admire the history and tradition. Lately that is all we have had to hang our hats on. I want new history and tradition yearly that I can be proud of. Look forward young man that is the future and what we need to prevail in. I never want this program to have to only think about the past and how great it was. Every year needs to be great, but we need to only worry about who is getting better and who our competition is not who we have beaten 10 years ago.

We are on the same page, I am just alot older I would guess, and I still want some great games and future wins that I can razz my SC friends about.

We are on track to RESTORE THE ORDER. But it only has to do with the coaching staff and their ability to bring in the right kids to the program. We were badly out recruited this year by the top programs. But I have faith that BC will make this work and next year we will see the recruiting year we all want. That my friend will be the History and Tradition that the 2006 seniors can look at and make the decession to join the BIG RED!!!.