If Stephen Fry Met God . . .

I'm sure he's only counting from the time the Christians conquered the places the first time. A good chunk of the Old Testament tells tales of conquest, including the slaughter of children. Its interesting that for a religion that likes to make itself out to be the only true one that existed from the dawn of time, there were a hell of a lot of other religions in the area and mentioned repeatedly by the Bible itself.

You're 100%, but remember, they're all about love and if you don't agree with them, they'll f*cking kill you...

That's the Tea Party for you--they're all about love, and if you don't agree, they'll f*****g kill you.

I suppose it would make for a good 2016 Presidential Campaign slogan for Ted Cruz, at any rate.

VectorVictor can you not post without labeling people. TP has noting to do wt this thread same as Ted Cruz.

I'm sorry you don't care for me labeling things in the same fashion as what was done above.

Yea, don't want to single you out. Sorry about that - I apologize for that.. Yours was just the last post wt the label and I could have been more general. You weren't the 1st to use the TP label.

That's fine, but if you're going to call people out for labeling, you should also cast an eye towards those were coyly trying to add unjustified labels to non-Christian religions.

Those Godless Pagans

Pagans aren't godless. They have a veritable plethora of gods and goddesses to choose from.

pa·gan
ˈpāɡən/
noun
noun: pagan; plural noun: pagans
  1. 1.
    a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions.
    synonyms: heathen, infidel, idolater, idolatress;
    archaicpaynim
    "pagans worshiped the sun"
    • datedderogatory
      a non-Christian.
    • an adherent of neopaganism.
adjective
adjective: pagan
  1. 1.
    relating to pagans.
    "a pagan god"

I said they were Godless. Not godless. There is a difference.