Vince Young's Wonderlic

Jarred04

My friend just called me while listening to 590 radio and heard that Vince Young was reported to have scored a 9 on the Wonderlic Test. For those who don't know, there is 50 questions to be completed in 12 mins. Hardly anyone finishes. A score of 20 is intended to indicate average intelligence or an IQ of 100. Last year only 10 players scored below 10. With Vince getting a nine, what do you think this does to his draft status? You want a QB to be smart, but no one test can determine a future.

It's possible that he may have a reading disability or something of that nature. Frank Gore took special ed. classes in high school and ended up on the Honor Roll at Miami and graduated I believe, but he scored a 6 on the Wonderlic. I just don't think Vince's score would be that low. On a side note, I saw on the NFL network that Cory Ross had an official time of 4.53 in the 40 and the Bench press record was broken by a DE from Ohio St., can't remember his name though(45 reps :blink: ).

haha porkchop got those treetrunks he uses for legs really movin for that 40 time...

I'm surprised he wasn't any faster than a 4.53...his shifty moves make up for it though...

Precisely. I think most teams know to look past something like that, and concentrate more on productivity. A guy like Mike Malmmua (sic), the "Combine Wonder" that was a high draft choice of Philly is proof of that.

To update on the Vince Young thing, PTI today reported Vince initially scored a 6 or 7 on the Wonderlic the first time, then a 16 when on a retake.

I agree this doesn't mean he won't succeed at the pro level, or even that it will hurt his draft status, i just thought it was funny that a college student who is the quarterback of a great academic and football school scored below a 10.