What's in a Mod?

What's in a Mod?

Companion thread for 'Looking for New Moderators'

In this thread:

• Ask: us anything! Ask the current Mods about their experience, what it's like to volunteer on an online Husker community, do we privately joke with BRI as much as we do publicly (emphatic yes), and so on...
  • Discuss: what would you do if you were a Mod?
  • Banter: (and other posts moved from the inquiries thread, which is how this thread is starting, so please excuse the initial appearance...)
Thanks!

Again, if you're interested, please see 'Looking for New Moderators'

• Fire 1
  • 5 months later...

2 things. How much does it pay and what does the benefits package look like?

Not a penny, once in a while some free stuff. Benefits include an even greater passion for the University of Nebraska knowing you are helping all those folks that can't be near and close to the motherland. That certain something knowing that you are creating the next generation of Husker fans through your dedication to facilitate the right information.

So it doesn't pay anything........all you had to say was that it doesn't pay anything.

2 things. How much does it pay and what does the benefits package look like?

Not a penny, once in a while some free stuff. Benefits include an even greater passion for the University of Nebraska knowing you are helping all those folks that can't be near and close to the motherland. That certain something knowing that you are creating the next generation of Husker fans through your dedication to facilitate the right information.

So it doesn't pay anything........all you had to say was that it doesn't pay anything.

I don't believe that's all I had to say.

This thing we have all built is quite amazing. For some of us this certainly rings true. We want to help fellow Husker fans, it's a benefit.

We are allowed to make decisions on the fly, without consulting the Admin Overlords in all cases. Stuff like cleaning out a thread is a Mod-level decision, not Admin-level.

For the record, I only moved one post, at the request of a member. I don't know who moved the other posts, but I don't disagree with their removal.

This is a good lesson for those who would be Mods. You're going to be questioned by this group. They're sharp and they notice stuff.

I would really appreciate if Eric the Red responded to me in a PM rather than continuing to delete my posts requesting clarification.

When posts get deleted, the thread gets confusing. Especially perfectly genial posts no different than other posts that remain visible.

I was being rather playful about this, but it just got insulting.

I appreciate your position, Eric, but you're making a lot more work for yourself.

• Fire 1

I would really appreciate if Eric the Red responded to me in a PM rather than continuing to delete my posts requesting clarification.

When posts get deleted, the thread gets confusing. Especially perfectly genial posts no different than other posts that remain visible.

I was being rather playful about this, but it just got insulting.

I appreciate your position, Eric, but you're making a lot more work for yourself.

.....I don't even remember/know what you posted....I really don't care..... I'm just asking that this thread be kept clean so I can focus my attention and concentrate on the members who have shown an interest in helping. I'm not mad, i do not dislike you.....I just want to work and respond to those who have shown an interest.

Here i created a thread for all of you to continue this. I'm not trying to stifle anything.

ETR deleting posts in his looking for new moderator thread discussion continues here
Army_Allen

Posted Today, 08:35 PM

True2tRA, on 11 May 2015 - 6:02 PM, said:snapback.png

I'd be a mod but I'm just a young man from small town Nebraska.........too many physical limitations. Plus it'd be a "red flag" if I was to take a mod position.

I guess I don't understand what is different between what True said here and what I said... At least in reference to being moved or not. I was saying in jest that even though I had the prerequisites, I wouldn't be approved due to my distaste for Bo when it wasn't a popular opinion. While his joke is that of the strong family variety.