Tomerlin

.....God damnit..... Tomerlin was picked up for a DUI. Not Solich esque, they just stopped him for changing lanes without signalling, and his bac was .011, which is pretty low, but come on man. Dont drink and drive! He was picked up a block from my apartment. He could have called me for christ sake and I would have came to pick him up.....so stupid...

well what does everyone think that the team punishment should be? I am sure that this is a violation of the team rules in some way. Does callahan suspend him from the team until he is through with the court process? which would probably take him out of spring practice. Or does Callahan kick him off of the team?

What do you all think?

I know that this is harsh but I say send him packing. Rules have to be enforced and punishment needs to be taken. No he was not in an accident and he didnt hurt any one, but he could have and he is lucky that he didnt. He chose to break the law and he put everyone that lives in Lincoln lives at risk when he got behind the wheel.

Is he the first player under Callahan's watch to do something like this?

My opinion for what it is worth

These kinds of things happen, i don't think that he needs to be booted off the team, he should be punished rather severely though. I am sure he knows better than to do this, and i doubt he will do it again after the state punishes him....

now if i had reason to believe tomerlin was a trouble maker, someone who was constantly causing problems and getting into trouble then yes he should be off the team.

i know its no excuse but a few years back when i got a MIC i blew a .11% but passed every one of the other sobriety tests. So sometimes its tough to say how impaired he even was.

I dunno, this is a crappy and tough situation to deal with. Didnt Beau Davis get a DUI a few months ago?

.....God damnit..... Tomerlin was picked up for a DUI. Not Solich esque, they just stopped him for changing lanes without signalling, and his bac was .011, which is pretty low, but come on man. Dont drink and drive! He was picked up a block from my apartment. He could have called me for christ sake and I would have came to pick him up.....so stupid...

What the f#*k is wrong with that f'ing cop - You don't ticket the football players if no ones phisically hurt - You can always let them off with a warning - What happened to the good ol' days - Cops are such jerkoffs now days.

Let's say the cop lets him off with a warning and turns him over to one of his friends. The friend takes him home but he decides to go out and get something to eat so he gets behind the wheel of another car and causes an accident that kills or injures someone. It is then found out that he was stopped earlier and let go even thou the officer felt he was too impared to drive. What do you think happens to the police officer in a civil suit bought on by the relatives of the those killed or injured. Not only would he lose he job but he could be found liabel and have to pay thousands of dollars to the family of those killed or injured. That is why officers these days don't let people off in these types of incidents. Not only that but how does being a Husker footbal player equate to being alowed to violate the law. Would you say the same if the person was a janitor somewhere?