Our Identity

Pretty much sums up the team for the last 7 years. INCONSISTENT.

How we can get up and play so hard then execute so well one week, then completely fall apart another week, it's just baffling.

Same should be said for the fans. What an inconsistent bunch. How the fans can get that loud for that game and then pretty much be non-existant for others..............

I'd say both team and fans could use some work on bringing that Miami level every week.

Pretty much sums up the team for the last 7 years. INCONSISTENT.

How we can get up and play so hard then execute so well one week, then completely fall apart another week, it's just baffling.

Same should be said for the fans. What an inconsistent bunch. How the fans can get that loud for that game and then pretty much be non-existant for others..............

I'd say both team and fans could use some work on bringing that Miami level every week.

Definitely. The potential is and always has been there.

What's weird about last season is that for a good while, there was good reason to think we had finally turned a proverbial corner. At least somewhat. The FAU game was what those games always are. McNeese was ugly, but then Fresno we dominated, Miami we dominated, Illinois we dominated, MSU we sucked but we had a ferocious comeback and you thought it was more that they were just that good, then Northwestern we "dominated", Rutgers we "dominated"....

It seemed like our team had finally figured out how to (mostly) bring it every week, be able to take care of the teams they should be able to take care of, and that they'd found some stability and consistency, but they still found a way to show that ugly Bo Pelini side late in the season. Last year really wasn't even that bad overall - Bo certainly didn't get fired for on field performance outright. With the exception of the Wisconsin anomaly (is it really an anomaly if it keeps happening, though? :lol: ) we lost 3 games by a total of 12 points, all against ranked teams.

But it was still inconsistent and ugly and really no different.

No way was that gameplan sustainable though. They ran the ball 54 times and passed 13. Abdullah's legs would have came off if he'd had been asked to do that for the rest of the year.

What was so different about that game?

The numbers guys will tell you that we ran the ball plenty last year, and we probably did. Maybe could've done so a bit more but really there was no lack of commitment to the run game.

I remember it as we seemed to run straight at them a few more times. Didn't Tommy go under center a few times? I also remember the use of the H-Back quite a bit more. I don't remember seeing much of that again until the USC game.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe there wasn't much different about it at all. That game, that crowd, the team and the fighting that night all made it such an incredible game that maybe that's why I remember it as a favorite. Maybe it was purely just an effort thing that night.

One thing that seems entirely different looking back at it a little bit, it seemed like the offensive line was firing right off the ball and going man to man straight up field blocking. Seemed like a more aggressive straightforward type of blocking that night. I'm not an x's and o'x know it all when it comes to blocking schemes, but it looks a lot different than the usual mess we saw.

We had other running backs aside from AA...

And inconsistent is perfect. But I just hope MR doesn't become the kinder, gentler BC...