Watson out

That was quick.

They've seen this through Spring AND Fall Camps.

Either they're completely clueless, or their defense is SO inept that their offense looked GOOD!

Been scratching my head about Tejas for some years now. With all the 4-5* players they get, you'd think they could put up some points against anybody by just showing up. 3 pts vs ND, really? I stopped watching after the 1st qtr. I actually kind of like Strong, so I actually find myslef routing for them a bit these days--especially vs ND--albeit begrudgeonly.

Tejas always seems to play soft, or is it, softly?

Wats was doing pretty well @ Louisville, aided by T Bridgewater, of course. Surprised a bit that they didnt give him more of a chance @ Tejas.

I'm assuming Texas expects improvement instead of watching the same guy do the same crap over and over year after year.

You know, like how we watched Watson and Becks guys do the same stuff over and over and over.

Look at Tommy, just one game in with the new staff, the improvement is obvious.

That was quick.

Either they're completely clueless, or their defense is SO inept that their offense looked GOOD!

Been scratching my head about Tejas for some years now. With all the 4-5* players they get, you'd think they could put up some points against anybody by just showing up. 3 pts vs ND, really? I stopped watching after the 1st qtr. I actually kind of like Strong, so I actually find myslef routing for them a bit these days--especially vs ND--albeit begrudgeonly.

Wats was doing pretty well @ Louisville, aided by T Bridgewater, of course. Surprised a bit that they didnt give him more of a chance @ Tejas.

Here's the thing, Rivals is owned by GEoff Ketchum. HE's a massive Texas Homer. Between junior and senior rankings, a side by side comparison or player rankings shows that UT commits ALWAYS get graded higher and A&M recruits lose grades. Every.Year.

It's flawed due to his homerism.

That was quick.

Here's the thing, Rivals is owned by GEoff Ketchum. HE's a massive Texas Homer. Between junior and senior rankings, a side by side comparison or player rankings shows that UT commits ALWAYS get graded higher and A&M recruits lose grades. Every.Year.

If that's true--and I can believe it is--the flawed rankings would tend to hurt the Whorns coach in the long run. Expectations will be mile high based on the inflated recruiting class rankings. And it would be harder to recruit young talent to a team that appears to have a depth chart stocked up with 4* and 5* recruits.

That was quick.

If that's true--and I can believe it is--the flawed rankings would tend to hurt the Whorns coach in the long run. Expectations will be mile high based on the inflated recruiting class rankings. And it would be harder to recruit young talent to a team that appears to have a depth chart stocked up with 4* and 5* recruits.

it cuts both ways.

First, (again, if true), he probably doesn't think about all of this. He is obviously into the recruiting scene so much that he loves his whorns winning recruiting championships. Also, if he has burnt orange colored glasses on, he probably believes Texas coaches can evaluate recruits better than anyone else. Recruiting rankings are partly based off of what schools/coaches have offered the recruit scholarships.

Second, If Nebraska all of a sudden started being able to sign nothing but 4-5 star players and have al little success, there are lots of 4-5 star players that would like to follow them here and wouldn't be scared of the depth chart.

That was quick.

I can see that.

As I commented on an earlier thread this week. ShaggyBevo, um, er, now ShaggyTexas has a Fire Shawn Watson thread that is hundreds and hundreds of pages long....lol. I go on once in a while to poke at the bear....them Texas fan's don't appreciate outsiders yanking their chain....LOL. Of course, we don't either. But I've never seen us treat a clueless outsider / troll like they treat me. Yikes!

But yeah....too bad they didn't keep old Shawn calling plays for another year or two. Really did them whorns into a deep hole.

I forgot about this thread and posted this in the Charlie Strong thread after perusing the Shag.

Texas fans believe Watson will be fired end of season and a new OC will be hired. As former B12 brethren we should help them out and recommend Tim Beck. They might overlook some of his positives so I started to put together a list to sell them on the idea:

1. Was OC at Nebraska.

2. Exhibits an extraordinary understanding of modern offenses and trends. He may have coined the phrase "basketball on grass"

3. Strong recruiting ties in Texas.

4. His offenses were always ranked tops! (intentionally vague)

5. Was OC and QB coach when Martinez improved completion % from 50 to 70 (rounded up)

6. Probably hungry to get back to calling plays and leave his mark at a program.

7. Very multiple.

8. Developed a sophisticated, game changing passing attack.

• Fire 1