Lots of talk about is it our coaches, is it our talent, etc.

One thing I do know is that if we can't improve our recruiting under Riley than he will not succeed. Hugh Freeze answered tonight that they could win big games like this because Ole Miss has built something special in recruiting. Take a look at the most recent Rivals recruiting rankings. Some teams of interest. Ohio State is at #1. Ole Miss is #5. Michigan is #6. Miami is #7. Penn State #8 (what!?), Michigan State is #11, basketball schools are now suddenly football powers with Kentucky at #15, North Carolina at #19, and Duke at #23 (what?!). Wisconsin, Iowa ( :facepalm:) , Maryland, Rutgers ( :facepalm: :facepalm: ), Minnesota, Northwestern are all ahead of us :wtf . I can see Ohio State (defending champion) and Michigan (historical program with big name head coach hire) ahead of us...but to be this far back in the Big Ten and #37 overall is pathetic. We have one of the best programs in the history of the game and our facilities are way ahead of these other teams. My opinion is we need to be in the top 10-20 range in recruiting every year if we want to consistently compete against top programs and win Big 10 championships and beyond. If we can't do this I am not sure it really matters who the coach is. I know there is still time this year to move up, but does anyone think we can sit outside the top 25 recruiting classes and win like we think we should win? We are fooling ourselves.

Rivals Recruiting Rankings

You are looking at the wrong rankings.

The overall ranking only makes sense once classes start filling up and commitment numbers even out. Until then the average ranking colymn is more accurate

We're 29th right now behind OSU, PSU, MSU and UM.

We probably stay at 5th in the Big Ten this year but likely end up with an overall ranking around 23rd.

Not where we need to be but Riley is in on guys way before Bo was getting in on them for future classes.