Coaches Poll

We are not a very good football team. It's as simple as that. I have stated my formula for success many times in the past : hire a proven big-name coach/recruiter who can lure top-notch recruits to Lincoln. Without them, we will languish in mediocrity.

Can we let this staff have ONE full recruiting cycle before we make judgements on their recruiting acumen?

OK if NSD were today, we'd finish ranked #29 according to 247 and #31 according to Rivals. Sorry, but that sucks.

.... so... what part of "full recruiting cycle" did you not understand?

Do you really need a full recruiting cycle to know what 17 year old kids are going to think about playing for a sexagenarian who does "Hip, Hip, Hooray" after half his games?

Are you really this dense or are you playing some kind of heel?

Maybe I am that dense. Can you point out any 60 year olds that win half their games and pull in excellent recruiting classes?

Riley's tradition is to do the Hip Hip Hooray after the 1st win of the season. It started decades ago and he is continuing it. Surely, you, as a supposed Husker fan, can appreciate keeping with traditions.

I'm pretty certain his tradition is to do "Hip, Hip Hooray" after each win, not just the first of the season.

We are not a very good football team. It's as simple as that. I have stated my formula for success many times in the past : hire a proven big-name coach/recruiter who can lure top-notch recruits to Lincoln. Without them, we will languish in mediocrity.

Can we let this staff have ONE full recruiting cycle before we make judgements on their recruiting acumen?

OK if NSD were today, we'd finish ranked #29 according to 247 and #31 according to Rivals. Sorry, but that sucks.

Do you really need a full recruiting cycle to know what 17 year old kids are going to think about playing for a sexagenarian who does "Hip, Hip, Hooray" after half his games?

Maybe I am that dense. Can you point out any 60 year olds that win half their games and pull in excellent recruiting classes?

Riley's tradition is to do the Hip Hip Hooray after the 1st win of the season. It started decades ago and he is continuing it. Surely, you, as a supposed Husker fan, can appreciate keeping with traditions.

I'm pretty certain his tradition is to do "Hip, Hip Hooray" after each win, not just the first of the season.

Well, again, if you are a Nebraska fan and can't appreciate tradition, then there isn't any help for you.

• Fire 1

Well, again, if you are a Nebraska fan and can't appreciate tradition, then there isn't any help for you.

Is this self-reflection on your part? You're the one that didn't know the tradition.

I appreciate the tradition. I doubt many 17 year olds share my appreciation. My only other lament was that he only gets to do the cheer after half of his games (or 1/3 of his games so far at Nebraska).

We did that with Bill Callahan. Had he tossed Cosgrove out he may still be here. Coaching hires are like the lottery, very few actually win. You need to find the right coach for your program & all his asst need to fit as well or you need a guy who will make the tough choice & fire his friend.

If you want to see how long it can take to find the right guy, check out Alabama's coaching list.

Bill Callahan? Are you serious? Since when was Callahan ever a proven winner and recruiter?

Look at his recruiting class rankings. That should answer your own question. As far as a head coach, he was a NFL head coach that failed at the top & then later in the college ranks.