Coaches Poll

We are two plays from being three and O. But I still love this team. I think it's going in the right direction to be competitive on a national stage. I'm not worried about the team. Win or lose I'm a husker fan. Hope they can click and get it together I didn't get to watch the game I work 70+ hours a week but got updates on my phone and I was praying they'd win puts me in a bad mood when they lose

• Fire 2

Wow. 2 losses and the 2 teams that beat us aren't even ranked. This is a new low.

One of those teams that beat us lost to a possible play off team by only 4.

So, we almost beat a team that almost beat a team that, in theory, could possibly be a playoff team?

All they have to do is beat USC, and the rest of their PAC-12 schedule and win their conf championship game against Oregon.

Wow. 2 losses and the 2 teams that beat us aren't even ranked. This is a new low.

well....2013/14 season we lost to unranked minnesota and iowa...so not that new.

In the first three games of the season? This is only the 2nd time since 1960 that we lost 2 out of 3 to start the season. Last time ('81), two of the three were ranked at the time and the third ended up at #15 at the end of the season.

We are not a very good football team. It's as simple as that. I have stated my formula for success many times in the past : hire a proven big-name coach/recruiter who can lure top-notch recruits to Lincoln. Without them, we will languish in mediocrity.

Can we let this staff have ONE full recruiting cycle before we make judgements on their recruiting acumen?

We're about 65% or so done with this recruiting class. So far, the results are the same or slightly better than Bo's last few classes.

The coaches have still failed to recruit DE. You can see the recruiting misses there coming back to haunt us this season.

That's a fair point, but again, we're not done with the recruiting cycle. DE might be a position we look at juco's as many here have suggested. Riley has said that he likes to recruit hard before and after the season, so look for a big push at the end. Lots of 4 and 5 star guys hold out til the end anyway. I'm going to reserve judgement on recruiting until the class is final.

We are not a very good football team. It's as simple as that. I have stated my formula for success many times in the past : hire a proven big-name coach/recruiter who can lure top-notch recruits to Lincoln. Without them, we will languish in mediocrity.

We did that with Bill Callahan. Had he tossed Cosgrove out he may still be here. Coaching hires are like the lottery, very few actually win. You need to find the right coach for your program & all his asst need to fit as well or you need a guy who will make the tough choice & fire his friend.

If you want to see how long it can take to find the right guy, check out Alabama's coaching list.

We did that with Bill Callahan. Had he tossed Cosgrove out he may still be here. Coaching hires are like the lottery, very few actually win. You need to find the right coach for your program & all his asst need to fit as well or you need a guy who will make the tough choice & fire his friend.

If you want to see how long it can take to find the right guy, check out Alabama's coaching list.

We should have thrown money at Ed Orgeron. Instead, we ended up with Hank Hughes.

We should have thrown money at Ed Orgeron. Instead, we ended up with Hank Hughes.

Very much this.

Super very much this!

When Riley did not "go after" Eddie O it was one of those things where I sort of thought...hmmmm that is interesting.

They know each other, they coached together (I thought) and Ed probably would have been happy to come here at the time.

well....2013/14 season we lost to unranked minnesota and iowa...so not that new.

In the first three games of the season? This is only the 2nd time since 1960 that we lost 2 out of 3 to start the season. Last time ('81), two of the three were ranked at the time and the third ended up at #15 at the end of the season.

To be fair, we haven't had as tough of a three game stretch to start the season compared to previous years. Last year for example we started off against FAU, Mcneese, and Fresno. Almost lost to McNeese. Year before it was Wyoming, Southern Miss, and UCLA. Almost lost to Wyoming and lost by 20 at home to UCLA. The point is, does 1-2 look bad? Absolutely, but with some context I can see that it's certainly not the end of the world. We're still 0-0 in conference play, and we'll be getting DPE back in a couple weeks. Let's see how we fare against Big 10 opponents

Can we let this staff have ONE full recruiting cycle before we make judgements on their recruiting acumen?

OK if NSD were today, we'd finish ranked #29 according to 247 and #31 according to Rivals. Sorry, but that sucks.