Consecutive sellout record

HUSKERNU

Look at it this way:

Took the boy to his first Husker game last year v. Minnesota. We lost.

Boy didn't care.

Spent his hard earned part-time job money to surprise the old man and get tix to the Michigan State game this year.

Why? Because he had a helluva good time. He loves the Huskers. He loves the tradition.

Chances are, he'll take his kids to their first Husker games. Win or Lose.

Oh, and he was born in Texas, the heart of Longhorn Land.

How's that for infectious grooves?

• Fire 1

Hey trust me, I am a moderate. This board is ran by and filled with Homers. I know guys here in NE, that are activiley cheering against NU. These are life long fans that want M.R. gone as soon as possible. I know half a dozen guys who will publicly admit this and a few dozen who support them.

So on this board? Yes I am extreme against M.R. in real life I am not, talk to anyone and they will voice there support against M.R. this State is at civil war. Those who are vocally over loud like the majority of M.R. supporters, and this board and for the most extent the silent Bo-Lievers. I know I am an avid BoLiever but to me doesnt come down to something as simple as that.

I wanted Bo gone. (hence a moderate) however I am not and have not been happy with the hiring process. I am not happy with this team and the way it is being coached. I make this distinction because like the guys who activitively root against M.R. and NU because Bo was fired. I want the best for NU and I was happy to see them win.

However at a certain point. You have to ask yourself. Will this lost make us fire this dumpster fire of a coach and his AD and get someone who can restore NU?

Fire the red headed step child.

Hey trust me, I am a moderate. This board is ran by and filled with Homers. I know guys here in NE, that are activiley cheering against NU. These are life long fans that want M.R. gone as soon as possible. I know half a dozen guys who will publicly admit this and a few dozen who support them.

So on this board? Yes I am extreme against M.R. in real life I am not, talk to anyone and they will voice there support against M.R. this State is at civil war. Those who are vocally over loud like the majority of M.R. supporters, and this board and for the most extent the silent Bo-Lievers. I know I am an avid BoLiever but to me doesnt come down to something as simple as that.

I wanted Bo gone. (hence a moderate) however I am not and have not been happy with the hiring process. I am not happy with this team and the way it is being coached. I make this distinction because like the guys who activitively root against M.R. and NU because Bo was fired. I want the best for NU and I was happy to see them win.

However at a certain point. You have to ask yourself. Will this lost make us fire this dumpster fire of a coach and his AD and get someone who can restore NU?

This is pure BS.

It has nothing to do with Pelini. He's gone. Sayonara. Adios.

MR may have not been the PERFECT selection for NU, but he's what we have.

Four games, and everyone writes him off.

Oh, look at TO's record his first year. We hail him as a God now.....

This is pure BS.

Love how you dont address how we spent a WEEK in our coach search.

Dumpster fire needs to be fired. Gingers dont have souls.

This is pure BS.

Dont ever compare TO to MR.

for your education

In his quarter-century as head coach, Osborne was a model of consistency. His teams never won fewer than nine games in a season, only finished worse than third in conference or division play once, finished in the top 15 of the final AP poll 24 years out of 25 (having finished 24th in 1990), and were ranked in every single weekly AP poll barring one week in 1977 and two in 1981. Osborne's teams won outright national championships in 1994 and 1995, and a share of another in 1997. Osborne's Huskers also won or shared 12 Big Eight Conference titles and one Big 12 Conference title. His 255–49–3 record gave him the best winning percentage (83.6%) among active NCAA Division I-A coaches at the time of his retirement and the fifth-best of all time.

This is pure BS.

for your education

In his quarter-century as head coach, Osborne was a model of consistency. His teams never won fewer than nine games in a season, only finished worse than third in conference or division play once, finished in the top 15 of the final AP poll 24 years out of 25 (having finished 24th in 1990), and were ranked in every single weekly AP poll barring one week in 1977 and two in 1981. Osborne's teams won outright national championships in 1994 and 1995, and a share of another in 1997. Osborne's Huskers also won or shared 12 Big Eight Conference titles and one Big 12 Conference title. His 255–49–3 record gave him the best winning percentage (83.6%) among active NCAA Division I-A coaches at the time of his retirement and the fifth-best of all time.

Respectfully, I know all about TO's record. I lived breathed, ate that chiznet since I was 10.

The NCAA isn't what it was back then. Perennial powerhouses remained so because of scholarship rules. It is an entirely different situation now than what it was back in the Devaney/Osborne heyday.

I know that Osborne was nearly ousted as HC because he couldn't deliver what Devaney did. That's the cold hard truth.

Now, we either settle that we need a coach that can push us into the new NCAA style of recruiting, play, and fan interaction, or we keep switching coaches every five or six years searching for glory days.

It's a new era. A new time. Totally different rules and atmosphere.

This is pure BS.

for your education

Respectfully, I know all about TO's record. I lived breathed, ate that chiznet since I was 10.

The NCAA isn't what it was back then. Perennial powerhouses remained so because of scholarship rules. It is an entirely different situation now than what it was back in the Devaney/Osborne heyday.

I know that Osborne was nearly ousted as HC because he couldn't deliver what Devaney did. That's the cold hard truth.

Now, we either settle that we need a coach that can push us into the new NCAA style of recruiting, play, and fan interaction, or we keep switching coaches every five or six years searching for glory days.

Ya it is a NEW ERA so why hire a coach older then when TO reitred?

I can go all night brah.

If the sellout streak didn't end during Pelini's tenure after some of the humiliating losses many years into his tenure, it's not going to stop in Riley's first season.

Expectations for a coach in his 5th, 6th, and 7th years of a program are much different that years 1, 2 and 3 for a new coach. If Riley's teams are not competitive by year 4, I think you'll see more fans become hopeless.

• Fire 1

This is pure BS.

for your education

Ya it is a NEW ERA so why hire a coach older then when TO reitred?

I can go all night brah.

So, then, which coach would you have picked to lead us into the promised land?