Chatelain: Nebraska's Mike Riley has complimentary breakfast, but still no place to call homee to call home

zoogs

So he is a nice guy who can afford to live in a hotel for 9 months and likes eggs in the morning, got it.

"nice guy" angle is getting old.

I also love this as a swipe BC and Bo:

Often they ordered food and never picked it up, Tiff says. They expected someone to take it to their rooms.

So, you mean, they are such cold people that they ordered room service like everybody else would do at a hotel? The thinly veiled swipes at the old coaching staff are hilarious. Now ordering room service is being criticized.

Mike seems to understand that how you treat people is probably the most important aspect of being a human being

• Fire 4

So he is a nice guy who can afford to live in a hotel for 9 months and likes eggs in the morning, got it.

Often they ordered food and never picked it up, Tiff says. They expected someone to take it to their rooms.

So, you mean, they are such cold people that they ordered room service like everybody else would do at a hotel? The thinly veiled swipes at the old coaching staff are hilarious. Now ordering room service is being criticized.

You don't understand how breakfast and the Embassy Suites works. They have an cooked to order window to get eggs/pancakes/waffles/etc. You wait in line and tell the cook what you want, then he makes it. Then he puts it on the counter and you take it. It is not room service.

• Fire 2

You don't understand how breakfast and the Embassy Suites works. They have an cooked to order window to get eggs/pancakes/waffles/etc. You wait in line and tell the cook what you want, then he makes it. Then he puts it on the counter and you take it. It is not room service.
I can't believe Riley is ordering his eggs over-medium. What a psycho! Everyone knows the nest eggs are done over-easy!!! Mmmmm, runny yolk.

I can't believe Riley is ordering his eggs over-medium. What a psycho! Everyone knows the nest eggs are done over-easy!!! Mmmmm, runny yolk.

I can't believe he uses Tabasco. Seems so anti-Riley.

I can't believe he uses Tabasco. Seems so anti-Riley.

Probably learned that while he was down in San Diego. #Hotsauce

So the "nice guy" angle is getting old? Thing is, it isn't really an angle. It's just how he is. I agree that this article lays it on a little thick, but really Dirk is just reporting facts.

I'd rather be rolling my eyes over an "aw shucks" moment than hanging my head over an obscene "fair weather fans" rant.

Seems to me that it fits Nebraska pretty well.

Some opposing fans are enamored over our fans hospitality.

Some have called it annoying and patronizing. They might even roll their eyes over it.

• Fire 5

So the "nice guy" angle is getting old? Thing is, it isn't really an angle. It's just how he is. I agree that this article lays it on a little thick, but really Dirk is just reporting facts.

I'd rather be rolling my eyes over an "aw shucks" moment than hanging my head over an obscene "fair weather fans" rant.

Some have called it annoying and patronizing. They might even roll their eyes over it.

Yeah, he is a nice guy and he gets compared to TO a lot. Which I don't think is really that accurate. TO was a nice guy, but was a lot more introverted. He was always polite and would talk to people if they spoke to him first, but he really didn't seek out conversation. Riley seems to actually seek out conversation with people.

I remember going to the HS coaches clinic in the early 90's. They had a social at the old Villager out on about 60th and O. Most of TO assistants would be there. Some would be drinking with the coaches and socialize and stay for quite a while. Ron Brown wouldn't be drinking but was usually there a couple of hours. Anyway TO would walk in a door about half way through the festivities and just start moving to the next exit. Whoever stopped him he would talk to along the way. It might take him 20 minutes or an hour, but when he got across the room to the exit he was out the door.

I just always remember that.

Just win, baby!

I thought that Riley had his home in Corvallis?

Just win, baby!

He probably kept his house there if he plans on going back there after retirement. That doesn't seem so odd to me.

Just win, baby!

He probably kept his house there if he plans on going back there after retirement. That doesn't seem so odd to me.

Nor to me. The topic title isn't accurate.

Just win, baby!

I don't think many people took the time to read the article Dirk wrote. It clearly states why Riley has taken so long to find a home in Lincoln. It can't be easy for he and his wife to find a home, given her condition.

The fact that Riley lived in a hotel for 9 months doesn't mean anything to his coaching ability or him taking the job at NU. It was basically Dirk giving people a "day in the life" view of Riley.

Just win, baby!

I don't think many people took the time to read the article Dirk wrote. It clearly states why Riley has taken so long to find a home in Lincoln. It can't be easy for he and his wife to find a home, given her condition.

The fact that Riley lived in a hotel for 9 months doesn't mean anything to his coaching ability or him taking the job at NU. It was basically Dirk giving people a "day in the life" view of Riley.

I agree, I feel horrible for them, especially her.

And I wasn't mentioning his coaching ability.

Just win, baby!

I agree, I feel horrible for them, especially her.

And I wasn't mentioning his coaching ability.

I think we're on the same page. It looks like some people have decided to use this article to further their agenda, whatever it may be.