The coaches have the correct formula

Lux

Look at all the teams around the country who have serious issues this year. Texas is nearly a dumpster fire with a new coach, new system and many true freshmen players. Oregon was throttled by Utah yesterday. Bama while still solid isn't the Crimson Tide team we have seen in the past. Ohio St isn't clobbering teams as expected after a Natty last year. Arky was supposed to contend but they have 3 losses. The point is we aren't the only team that has weaknesses and from week to week most teams can have bad days. Let our team mature, quit calling the players and coaching staff out and enjoy the season. There will be some low points that won't be fun but I think we have the potential to keep most games close and exciting. If the pass D gets better we'll be hard to beat. Enjoy the wins and don't have a conniption fit when we lose or have a close game.

Texas and Ohio State have natty titles this decade. Oregon made the playoff last year and has been a fixture in the top 5 for years now.

OSU has the best coach in college football. Texas took a chance with the hottest coordinator in the game. Looks like it won't work, and his seat is already red hot in year two. It remains to be seen how Oregon would react to poor seasons.

Point is, those situations are not comparable to us at all. I will give you Arkansas. That is where we realistically are: on the same level as an also-ran SEC team.

The question is: would you rather be consistently ok to good or take a chance to be great and risk failing. We answered that question when we let Bo go (and I honestly think most Husker fans agreed with that move). The difference comes in when you think MR is the guy to make us great. I have my doubts.

I guess I'm not sure why you interpreted my post to mean our recent history was equal to those teams. I wasn't saying that at all. My point was that quite a few historically great teams have problems this year and even some of the teams that were expected by everyone to be great this year aren't killing it.