The coaches have the correct formula

Lux

Pelini was fired for his blowout losses. We have been competitive in every contest thus far IMO and the stats I presented entail we will continue to be. I think the strengths we present are very favorable entering big ten west play. Keep control on offense. Stuff the run. Let them sling it around. But don't give up a lot of points. This formula will win us/put us in position to win a lot of ball games gentlemen. I'm excited.

I could agree with this, somewhat. When the weather turns bad in places like Evanston, Lincoln, Minneapolis, etc. it gets difficult to pass. But the question is "do the defensive run stats look good because we're stuffing the run, or because teams come out winging it early and often and don't go to the run?"

But we're a pass first team who can't control the clock with the running game, so it's a double edged sword.

Exactly. If we have a game where we are unable to get the pass game going, we are in big trouble. Run game looks weak and Newby doesn't seem shifty or quick. If we can figure out the run game things will go much more smoothly and I think most people would feel better about the rest of the upcoming season.

With that said, I still have hope for this season. Here's to a good stretch through the B1G.

Nope.

We're dead last in passing D, and 108th in yards per play (as of last week). That may work against scrubs, but even on the crappy B1G West, that's a recipe for 3-4 losses.

Yep. Dead last in either category is a recipe for disaster against teams with a pulse. Our run D has yet to be tested. Why run against us when your QB can have a record setting outing against us. Not to mention we will probably spot you another 100 yards in stupid penalties.......

BYU and Miami both have strong pulses my man. Neither of those games I would describe as a disaster.

Miami, we don't really know what they are yet. BYU lost 31-0 to a team that was 5-7 last year.

That's because Harbaugh is a better coach...............see other thread

Can all the MR guys realize we almost lost to a high school team today?

southern miss actually is a college program. FBS level even.

Sweet what conf? SEC I assume based off how they almost beat us, continually exposed known problem, did trick plays to us! ISNT THAT FUN?!??!??!?! ON SIDE KICKS ARE THE BEST!

Sweet what conf? SEC I assume based off how they almost beat us, continually exposed known problem, did trick plays to us! ISNT THAT FUN?!??!??!?! ON SIDE KICKS ARE THE BEST!
They played a miss St team fairly close sir. If you are an SEC size queen. Which by your above comments I will assume you are.

I dont put any qb in the West in the same tier as 3 that weve already played. Just my opinion after watching multiple games. Connor Cook will light us up. Assuming no adjustment or improvement.

Lunt is better than all but Kaaya. Beathard at Iowa, and Purdue's frosh QB can chuck the rock too.
ive watched em pretty considerably. Yeah. Lunts pretty good. But what they have sround him. Its just my opinion. Weve played the best 3 qbs on our schedule aside from the onvious best connor cook.

Well I sure hope so, becuase we've gotten worse on pass D each consecutive week.

The logic of the post is good except that it assumes that the Big Ten passers will NOT be as good as Southern Miss today because if we give up 400 plus yards passing and several TDs to ANY of our Big Ten opponents, we will NOT win. They won't let us throw for 400 and run for 200 more. We don't want to play 'barn burners' every week and those are not likely as the Big Ten doesn't have those kinds of games often (like in Pac 12 and Big 12). Big Ten will be 10 pts or more per team lower typically in the high score games. We will have to score 40 or more to win Big Ten games if we give up massive yards in passing. The problem is that the Big Ten teams that pass for 350 yards against us WILL also run for 175 and couple TDs. They won't abandon running game - just use it to slice and dice on key plays. They will also have bigger stronger O lines than SoMiss and SoBama and likely as good or better than BYU (ala Michigan for example).

Going to be tough in the Big Ten if we can't cut the opponents to less than 275 passing and 135 rushing while we get 350 and 225. We also MUST win special teams and so far those have not been nearly as good as required to win in Big Ten.

I agree with you completely. I never said we won't be in barn burners. It will come down to a shoot out likely every week. But we arnt going g to get blown out and I only said we will be in position to win every game we play. An improvement from last year IMO.

You're right. We should probably just fire Mike Riley now, eh?

Let him finish the season, but start looking now. One n done. Remember this goof ball was being fired from his previous gig before he got our job.

I know people hate me bringing it up but Shawn Eichorst and MR have same agent.

This guy should of never been hired. Fire Eichorst now.

When the Big10 come to play next week, things will get ugly.

Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.

They played a miss St team fairly close sir. If you are an SEC size queen. Which by your above comments I will assume you are.

Sweet we played Southern Miss Barber shop college really close? Thats AWESOME!

Nope.

We're dead last in passing D, and 108th in yards per play (as of last week). That may work against scrubs, but even on the crappy B1G West, that's a recipe for 3-4 losses.

Yep. Dead last in either category is a recipe for disaster against teams with a pulse. Our run D has yet to be tested. Why run against us when your QB can have a record setting outing against us. Not to mention we will probably spot you another 100 yards in stupid penalties.......

BYU and Miami both have strong pulses my man. Neither of those games I would describe as a disaster.

Miami, we don't really know what they are yet. BYU lost 31-0 to a team that was 5-7 last year.

That bit of information is irrelevant. Correct? Yes. Relevant? No. Michigan was 5-7 under a coaching staff who could recruit but not coach. Harbaugh is a significant upgrade over Hoke, and it's shown so far. Don't use Michigan's record last year to try and downplay what was (and still is) a quality opponent. Whether BYU's record at the end makes our loss to them look bad or good, well we'll only know that at the end of the year.

The premise is actually correct. It doesn't mean they don't need to get better at pass defense. Who ever said Thad S. Miss can't run the ball better not tell them that there rb had 250 rushing last week. Unfortunately defense is taking a back seat in college football these days Texas tech just gave up 700 plus yards to tcu. Tech only got about 600.

Nope.

That bit of information is irrelevant. Correct? Yes. Relevant? No. Michigan was 5-7 under a coaching staff who could recruit but not coach. Harbaugh is a significant upgrade over Hoke, and it's shown so far. Don't use Michigan's record last year to try and downplay what was (and still is) a quality opponent. Whether BYU's record at the end makes our loss to them look bad or good, well we'll only know that at the end of the year.

Better argument is the fact that BYU lost there star QB against us.

But I am still in favor of firing that ginger souless monster.

You're right. We should probably just fire Mike Riley now, eh?

Let him finish the season, but start looking now. One n done. Remember this goof ball was being fired from his previous gig before he got our job.

I know people hate me bringing it up but Shawn Eichorst and MR have same agent.

This guy should of never been hired. Fire Eichorst now.

When the Big10 come to play next week, things will get ugly.

Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.Fire Eichorst now.

Eichorst isn't going anywhere and he won't fire Riley at the end of the season. You might as well begin accepting that now and maybe, just maybe, it'll let you learn to enjoy the game a bit more.

I can understand everyone wanting the team to do well and improve but my word... the way some of you talk about this team makes me doubt whether you actually enjoy Husker football or if you really just enjoy being angry at the program.

Pelini was fired because eichorst had an agenda...

Fielding a football team that didn't embarrass the state off and on the field?

Hey we did a great job today barely beating a high school team! Hooray go MR! I am betting that the Ill beat us, they are worse than then the HS we just played but we apparently cant cover a pass...