How Would You Feel?

I realize there were a lot of disgruntled fans, but you'd be hard pressed to find many/any that honestly thought his time was drawing near. I was done with him after the first year. I won't be done with Riley until I see an epic performance like the Texas Tech disaster in 04.

'04 was my first foray into Husker Message boards. There was a LOT of people who did not like the guy from day 1, and that only grew during the season.

7-5 is a step back, but not as much with a stronger OOC slate with an identical 5-3 conference record. It would likely be a case of comparable teams, slightly different outcome -- and that's if the blowouts continue.

In any case, there are good reasons to have expected a step back first, in my opinion. To start with, depth is a serious issue, Gregory a critical loss, and (apparently) new schemes will require an adjustment period, it was a 5-3 (in this B1G West?!?!) team to begin with from last year, ...

But it's never something you hope to see and a step forward would be far more encouraging.

Try this on for size: we are going to have to steal one W just to make it into the Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl.

If that is true, can we all agree that the season was not good?

Hmmm, that is an interesting question. I know some fans are saying that they don't care what happens this season with wins/losses but we all know that is not true.

I gotta think that no bowl game would = a really craptastic season, right?

Riley & staff need to make a bowl game or I would think they would start next year pretty high on the hotseat list.

Your "hotseat" statement is either wishful thinking or misinformed.

I never thought I would see the day with Nebraska football where a victory against Minnesota would make the season a success.

Has anyone said that?

that is the way I feel.

Does that directly relate back to the last 7 years??

It has been about a 7 year slide including two straight losses to Minnesota, now a loss to Illinois. So I suppose you could say tha.