I want Tim Beck back...Langsdorf must go

I just got home from the game and have now seen Illinois lose 2 games on the last play (BYU and today's game). Big Red was sure representing in Champaign, but it's unfortunate our OC was not. I have not seen that pathetic of an offensive performance by a Nebraska team in a long time. The defense gave up 20 points (if you count the 2 missed field goals), and given our defensive personnel, and despite a couple of blown assignments, this game was not on the D.

We were running the ball well...why in the world did we keep trying to throw the ball downfield. Run the freaking ball...run the freaking ball. I honestly thought that Langsdorf would be a good play caller, but after these past few games, that has totally changed. The conditions in the stadium were terrible, the wind was swirling, and there was no reason to continue throwing the ball as much as we did. We have speed at the wideouts, some good RBs, and a great running QB. Run the jet sweep, the QB option, and halfback toss over and over until the opponent proves it can beat you.

Pelini was not a great head coach, and needed to be let go, but if Riley hangs on to these coordinators that are terrible, either they need to go or he needs to go. Beck, for some of his poor games, was probably one of the best OC's NU has had in a long time, and I know that's a hard thing to accept.

Whoa! Delete this before it's too late!

Haha...just the anger coming out in me. For all of Beck's flaws, NU still was scoring a lot of points the past few seasons. He was not good at developing QBs, but understood the strength of Armstrong and our team is running the ball.

Urb agrees.

But he's not nice.

Whoa! Delete this before it's too late!

Haha...just the anger coming out in me. For all of Beck's flaws, NU still was scoring a lot of points the past few seasons. He was not good at developing QBs, but understood the strength of Armstrong and our team is running the ball.

Urb agrees.

But he's not nice.

Haha, i don't think anyone had too many issues with Beck's persona. I'm sure Bo's negativity rubbed off on him a bit, but in the grand scheme of things, he was probably the best of all the coaches we had last season.