If you only had these three choices (Mike Riley, Kirk Ferentz, or Frank Solich)...who would you pick to lead the Huskers football program?

Pretty well known that Solich's 'recruiting,' along with some personal issues, was killing the program. Not sure how things would have turned out, but at the time, a change may have been warranted.

Nonsense. Solich had two top ten classes on Rivals in '00 and '01, and his '04 class was sitting at #14 on Rivals the day he got canned.

And the only personal issues that came into play were the vendettas towards Frank that Pedey brought with him.

Pretty well known that Solich's 'recruiting,' along with some personal issues, was killing the program. Not sure how things would have turned out, but at the time, a change may have been warranted.

Nonsense. Solich had two top ten classes on Rivals in '00 and '01, and his '04 class was sitting at #14 on Rivals the day he got canned.

And the only personal issues that came into play were the vendettas towards Frank that Pedey brought with him.

I stand corrected. Any way you could give me a link or two? I know I should do the work myself, but I simply wouldn't know where to start.

I stand corrected. Any way you could give me a link or two? I know I should do the work myself, but I simply wouldn't know where to start.

I pm'ed you.

• 1 year later...

On 10/5/2015 at 8:36 AM, NUance said:

It's strange that you guys don't have anything at all to contribute to Huskerboard when things are going well. But as soon as we run into adversity, and take a sh**ty loss, you're all over the board taking victory laps. Just strange. :dunno:

Also, I thought the Shawn Eichorst thread with absolutely nothing to say in the OP was the dumbest thread I'd seen in a couple years. Until I opened this thread. :facepalm:

I knew before the game started, that they would lose to NIU, so I made sure to show up so I could contribute nothing ;)