W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

None of those coaches inherited a team that had nine wins the previous year. None of those coaches had career 500 records

And all of the coaches were in recruiting hot beds and already stacked. Nebraska is not.

Nine wins is all i hear about pelini. but did he have any signature wins? yes he won the expected games but to win the signature wins takes coaching. in those losses he was out coached. with pelini we were not going to see anymore improvement. you were not going to see any big 10 championships and definitely not a national title. and yes the embarassment of his sideline antics. Do we so soon forget his remarks after he was no longer here? Solich was let go for reasons other then coaching performance which was the reason for his short tenure. Callahan was let go for coaching performance after 5 years?. Pelini was let go for a little of both after 5 years. Mike Riley is owed 3 - 5 years before we should make a decision as to performance. Until then lets support him. there are good things happening if we can see past this temporary win/loss ratio.

Oklahoma, Michigan State, Missouri, Oklahoma State. All nice wins that were stepping stones to what was almost a breakthrough. Imagine how things could've been different had 1 second not been put back up, or Taylor Martinez hadn't got hurt as a freshman. He was quite close. Oddly enough and food for thought, the beginnings of Bo's end came with the switch to the Big 10. All that said, it was time for him to go. I was, however, under the impression that we were making a switch because we were quite close to being where we wanted to be, but just needed something/someone to take us over the edge. Instead, we got a rebuilding project that may or may not work. Is what it is, just wasn't what I, or many others I imagine, expected. Thus, the complete WTF reaction to current affairs.

2001 USC, Pete Carroll's first year

W

L

L

L

L

W

L

W

W

W

W

L

6-6

2002 USC

W

W

L

W

L

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

2007 Alabama

W

W

W

L

L

W

W

W

L

L

L

L

W

(7-6)

2008 Alabama

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

L

L

1999 Oklahoma Bob Stoops 1st year

W

W

W

L

L

W

L

W

W

L

W

L

(7-5)

2000 Oklahoma

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

W

None of those coaches inherited a team that had nine wins the previous year. None of those coaches had career 500 records

And all of the coaches were in recruiting hot beds and already stacked. Nebraska is not.

Haha, comparing Mike Riley to Pete Carroll. I've seen every Seahawks game, preseason or otherwise since RW was drafted. You could not find two more opposite football teams in the way they play and the way they are composed. In fact, while watching the game today I just kept shaking my head thinking about just that.

• Fire 1

Oh so it's unreasonable to make direct comparisons to other situations, but somehow it's reasonable to pretend like 6 games is enough of a data set to make comprehensive evaluations?

no but an entire coaching career at multiple levels is. What makes you think that in the last 1-5 years of Riley's coaching career he is suddenly going to become a great coach?