So why did we hire Mike Riley?

The exact same number as Pelini.

Last I checked he at least was able to win his division more often than not.
Won 3 division titles in 7 years. How is that more often than not?
4. Tied with Mizzou his first year. They went to the CCG via tiebreaker.
How can you win a division if you tied with another team, especially if that team beat you? Besides, doesn't Nebraska only count the titles they win outright?

You mean the same year that his Huskers lost 52-17 on homecoming? In Lincoln? Ouch, that wasn't even close. That was his 5th game and second loss in a row. The third in a row came the following week to Texas Tech. 3-3 and yet he got 7 years...........

You will get a lot more leeway and patience following a 5-7 season than you will following a 9-4 season. Obviously.

Um, no. According to some this is "Nebraska". No room for that nonsense. But keep trying.

I'll just openly admit, I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

You mean the same year that his Huskers lost 52-17 on homecoming? In Lincoln? Ouch, that wasn't even close. That was his 5th game and second loss in a row. The third in a row came the following week to Texas Tech. 3-3 and yet he got 7 years...........?

Thank goodness he started the season off getting to play Western Michigan, San Jose State, and New Mexico State. Made it seemed like he was a legit coach and everything was hunky dory.

Yah, cuz this year's schedule, while a little tougher, has been a murderers row.

And even though we lost to Mizzou, we did technically tie them for the division. I think there is even a "trophy" in Lincoln to prove it.

Does the trophy show the head-to-head results with the team they tied? Does the trophy show how they lost 62-28 to OU that year? You know the scores against other opponents. Good thing it probably doesn't mention how they went the entire season unranked.

How can you win a division if you tied with another team, especially if that team beat you?

There is a trophy in Lincoln that we got that year. You'd be better off checking out the big 12 tiebreaker rules.

Besides, doesn't Nebraska only count the titles they win outright?

You do realize that some of the 13 conference championships that Dr. Tom is credited with are ties, too, don't you?

You mean the same year that his Huskers lost 52-17 on homecoming? In Lincoln? Ouch, that wasn't even close. That was his 5th game and second loss in a row. The third in a row came the following week to Texas Tech. 3-3 and yet he got 7 years...........?

Thank goodness he started the season off getting to play Western Michigan, San Jose State, and New Mexico State. Made it seemed like he was a legit coach and everything was hunky dory.

Yah, cuz this year's schedule, while a little tougher, has been a murderers row.

And even though we lost to Mizzou, we did technically tie them for the division. I think there is even a "trophy" in Lincoln to prove it.

Does the trophy show the head-to-head results with the team they tied? Does the trophy show how they lost 62-28 to OU that year? You know the scores against other opponents. Good thing it probably doesn't mention how they went the entire season unranked.

Don't know, and it doesn't change the fact that we are recognized as co-divison champs that year.

As much as you want to change facts, you can't.

He probably was on a short list of recommendations by many.

I'd actually say probably not.

Maybe because, unlike the last three Head Coaches at Nebraska, Riley was someone who actually ran a college football program before. Plus he had experience. He probably was on a short list of recommendations by many. This program and fan base was out of control by the end of November. And it's possible that there are a lot of coaches that are just too scared to come to Lincoln, try their best, and fail. Riley was not one to back down from this enormous challenge.

He's not a bad hire IMO. I don't have a lot of emotion saying that. I am being level headed here. It's been 5 games. 3 Losses by 8 points. That stings. But IMO that doesn't warrant emotional fits and outburst and Fire Riley threads. Even the consistent jabs throughout so many threads are getting old.

This is our team. He's our coach. Wisconsin is up next. Go Big Red

The only short list Riley was on belonged to Pederhorst and Perly. And it was a really, really, really short list.

Yes short list of candidates by AD. Recommended as a good fit for Nebraska within the football circle. Just worded it quickly.

2260589.jpg

Don't forget he also won the Heroe's Trophy last year. But he did lose out on the Bits of Broken Chair Trophy and the Freedom-to-run-for-408-yards-Trophy.

Still more trophies than the current coach has won at this level.

If the previous 7 years are a failure, can't wait to see how this year gets excused.

How can you win a division if you tied with another team, especially if that team beat you?

There is a trophy in Lincoln that we got that year. You'd be better off checking out the big 12 tiebreaker rules.

Besides, doesn't Nebraska only count the titles they win outright?

You do realize that some of the 13 conference championships that Dr. Tom is credited with are ties, too, don't you?
Yeah I was talking strictly division titles. Haven't found anything difinitive, but I thought I read somewhere one time that we the only division titles we claimed are the ones that we played in the conference title game. We have the trophies for the other years, but they are in a closet somewhere.

Don't forget he also won the Heroe's Trophy last year. But he did lose out on the Bits of Broken Chair Trophy and the Freedom-to-run-for-408-yards-Trophy.

Still more trophies than the current coach has won at this level.

If the previous 7 years are a failure, can't wait to see how this year gets excused.

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, you could root for our team to be successful in this, the first year of our new coach.

• Fire 1

I posted somewhere about Mike Riley not recruiting top athletes to Oregon State, and didnt even try to do so, and his replacement was already getting 4 and 5 * to at least visit Corvallis. And then Riley not sseemingly being aggresive in recruiting at Nebraska and continuing to go after 2-3* recruits.

Well congrats Oregon State.

After 2 years OSU gets two 4* commits.

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2015/10/shurod_thompson_4-star_safety_4.html#incart_2box

• Fire 1