UNL: Day by Day

zoogs

nicely done video!

Question on Kalu's pick-six: Didn't we commit an obvious block-in-the-back on his run?

Honest opinion - I think the ref who was on-camera when that block in the back was made missed it because of the angle of the sun. Not sure what the other refs were looking at because they aren't on camera, but in a broken-field situation like that I'm sure everyone's eyes are everywhere, and something quick like that is easy to miss.

I think there was a block in the back, and I think there was a ref in position to call it. I just think he didn't, or couldn't, see it.

After all the penalties that could have been called against our opponents all year, but weren't, I'm not going to miss any sleep over this one, though. It wasn't nearly as egregious as, say, hits out of bounds on Tommy during the BYU game or pass interference that wasn't called against Wisconsin.

Honest opinion - I think the ref who was on-camera when that block in the back was made missed it because of the angle of the sun. Not sure what the other refs were looking at because they aren't on camera, but in a broken-field situation like that I'm sure everyone's eyes are everywhere, and something quick like that is easy to miss.

True. Just because something seemed to be an obvious penalty to television viewers, doesn't mean it was obvious to officials on the field. Our view of the game is narrowly focused by camera angle.

I just remember watching the game, and immediately switching from elation to "and here it comes..." But we finally caught a break.

True. Just because something seemed to be an obvious penalty to television viewers, doesn't mean it was obvious to officials on the field. Our view of the game is narrowly focused by camera angle.

I just remember watching the game, and immediately switching from elation to "and here it comes..." But we finally caught a break.

We thought it was a block in the back too. But on a replay where they showed a different angle it didn't look quite as bad.

• 1 month later...