A Step Back: First Husker Game

With all the uncertainty and chaos surrounding Husker Nation I give you:

(I hope I posted this right)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51zJHtjIRzM&feature=youtu.be

Think back to what it means to all the first timers, and remember your own first time at Memorial Stadium.

I was 7. My dad and I were in the 93rd row of south stadium (counted the steps). Don't know who we played that day or if we won, but it didn't matter. I ate a runza and cheered as loud as I could and will never turn away. Go Big Red 4 Life!

• Fire 1

1955 and some of it I remember like it was yesterday. Spending the day with the greatest man I have ever known. Him sharing his life long love of Nebraska with me. I honestly did not know if we won or lost, it was the love of the game, the sounds, the people. Some how we have lost what this is truly about.

Thank you for posting, it had to have been a fantastic day for your son.

Unfortunately I don't remember exactly which one it was. Sometime during the 1981 season. I would have been four.

The first one I do remember was against New Mexico State the next year. 69-0 I think. Rozier broke off a 40 yard run on the first play from scrimmage and it was pretty much fish in a barrel. That was the week before the infamous PSU extra-wide-field game.

I still have a program from the 1983 spring game with about 10-15 autographs, although they are mostly obscure players.