Lucky

I think we have a stable of good to great backs. I am not sure which ones are the great ones yet. BC will sort that out I am sure.

But history shows that both Cody and Leon played in much tougher conferences in High School and performed every bit as well as Marlon in what is considered a very inferrior league in SoCal.

The great thing about this no matter the outcome, we have talent that can put us back on top. I do not care which one it is. Just show me the money boys!!!!!!!

Said Lucky: “I want to win the job bad. That’s my top goal.”

if he really wants it, he'll step up. i didn't expect lucky to come in last season and just take over, but now that he's had a year to learn i believe he'll leave the spring number one. when wilson comes in the summer, however, that is when things could get interesting.

I hope he learned how to PASS BLOCK and follow his f'ing BLOCKER'S because that's the reason he never played last year.

Hmmm I didn't see too many running lanes last year for a RB to run though. We were just graced that we had a RB (Ross) who ran on pure instinct!

Well a good RB put's his head down and falls forward when there's no hole - A GREAT RB turns nothing into something, so we shall see.

True, but one thing that made C. Jones, L Philips, and A. Green look so good was the help of great offensive lines. A good player makes things happen, but I believe the help of a good Oline can make them appear great. All of these were/are great backs, but the NU pipelines of the past helped them tremendously. I wonder what Ross would have done behind the 95 O-line?

I have said the very same thing about Cory for a long time. I still think he is one of the best backs Nebraska has ever had. He carried this team on his shoulders for three years inspite of early coaching errors on ability. And basically the worst lines Nebraska has had in the last 40 years.

I have said the very same thing about Cory for a long time. I still think he is one of the best backs Nebraska has ever had. He carried this team on his shoulders for three years inspite of early coaching errors on ability. And basically the worst lines Nebraska has had in the last 40 years.

Good back yes. Carried this offense...yes. Top 10 back at nebraska?no

I don't think leon will transfer.....i dont think the coaches will allow that....leons gotta understand that there is so much talent and right now he has to wait his turn....his time will come, maybe at tailback, maybe somewhere else....but he is to good for the coaches to let that happen....and if he waits his turn.....he will be a monster at wherever he plays

i hope leon comes out of spring number 1

I predict leon will transfer. He will be about 4th string at rb and has tried every other postition.

Wow...for once...and probably for the only time...I agree with Bernard. And the reason is...well, Jackson has alot of talent. But where is it at? That's the question. Here's my take.

Jackson doesn't produce.

Jackson goes where he'll play

Jackson kicks !ss.

Granted, I want all of NU to kick butt. But I think our back could make the difference :thumbs

i hope leon comes out of spring number 1

I predict leon will transfer. He will be about 4th string at rb and has tried every other postition.

I don't know if he will or not, but I would think that it may cross his mind if he does not see more playing time this year. If he is not going to be used here, I would not blame him for going somewhere that he might be. It may be mostly his fault (the lack of playing time), but look at the David Horn situation. He did quite well at UNI.

The kid's a team player as seen by his willingness to try out any position the coaches want him to. No way he transfers because of playing time.

Bernard,

Could you give me the ten backs you feel that are better. And also factor in how many All American linemen played with them. And how many other top backs played at the same time, spelling them. How many top Fullbacks played with them.

Cory was the only horse in the barn. We could not count on anyone else and every team we played knew it. Totally different situation for pretty much every back that has played at Nebraska.

Very few fans really appreciate what this kid did. In my mind he was the only real Nebraska player we have had for quite awhile. Dedication, loyalty, team player and would crawl on the field to play when injured. He won a lot of games for this program by himself. It is too bad he played in the worst years of Nebraska football for a long time. Sad that is efforts are shadowed by a earlier staff that failed him.

Bernard,

Could you give me the ten backs you feel that are better. And also factor in how many All American linemen played with them. And how many other top backs played at the same time, spelling them. How many top Fullbacks played with them.

Cory was the only horse in the barn. We could not count on anyone else and every team we played knew it. Totally different situation for pretty much every back that has played at Nebraska.

Very few fans really appreciate what this kid did. In my mind he was the only real Nebraska player we have had for quite awhile. Dedication, loyalty, team player and would crawl on the field to play when injured. He won a lot of games for this program by himself. It is too bad he played in the worst years of Nebraska football for a long time. Sad that is efforts are shadowed by a earlier staff that failed him.

Rozier

phillips

green

Jones

Brown

hipp

craiq

kinney

redwine

clark

smith

keith jones

buckhalter

alexander

There are a few off the top of my head. I would rate ross in the Buckhalter and alexander range.

I predict leon will transfer.  He will be about 4th string at rb and has tried every other postition.

The kid's a team player as seen by his willingness to try out any position the coaches want him to. No way he transfers because of playing time.

We will see. If he isn't 3rd string he will be gone imo.