Petition

Thanks...one of the few beneficial posts in this thread.

Here's what I wrote to all of them this morning:

Hello -

I am writing to let you know, as a life-long supporter of the Huskers, my concern regarding the current state of the football program. You can see for yourself what's happening on the field, I'm not going to recant it for you. My concern is we are not giving our young men a chance at a great experience during their most influential years. This applies to both players, who deserve a competent coaching staff and a generation of young fans who deserve the same pride in our state that I did(and do.) That's right, I want you to be aware how many individual's fandom you are losing in the next generation. I'm doing my best to pass it on but how can we promote the bad football that is being coached on the field? Please make changes accordingly so the football program WILL get better in the next 3 years.

Thank You for Reading.

I have a huskers.edu email I am so using these. Any messages you all would like me to add?

I understand. You wouldn’t write unless you cared. But hope you will consider this:

You don’t want to give Riley a few years to recruit? Well, consider how this will look when we recruit a replacement. Anyone want to be football coach where you will have half a season to prove yourself and you will have to play with the players the former coaches left. And, oh by the way, it might be hard to recruit any new players because Nebraska doesn’t give you a chance if you are not immediately successful so players can’t count on you being around if they come here. And don’t try to use excuse of injuries to your top players or that the former coaches didn’t recruit very well. Won’t work. Can’t wait to see who we would hire under those circumstances. In such circumstances I hope we would get lucky but I’m skeptical.

Harvey Perlman

My reply from Perlman.

My responses from others were personalized. They will hear your concerns. It is not an auto bot response.

I understand. You wouldn’t write unless you cared. But hope you will consider this:
You don’t want to give Riley a few years to recruit? Well, consider how this will look when we recruit a replacement. Anyone want to be football coach where you will have half a season to prove yourself and you will have to play with the players the former coaches left. And, oh by the way, it might be hard to recruit any new players because Nebraska doesn’t give you a chance if you are not immediately successful so players can’t count on you being around if they come here. And don’t try to use excuse of injuries to your top players or that the former coaches didn’t recruit very well. Won’t work. Can’t wait to see who we would hire under those circumstances. In such circumstances I hope we would get lucky but I’m skeptical.
Harvey Perlman
My reply from Perlman.
My responses from others were personalized. They will hear your concerns. It is not an auto bot response.

Dear god can 2016 get here already?

Harvey Perlman
My reply from Perlman.

Gee...I'd have to say Harv isn't buying in to the whole "There is no place like Nebraska" theme when it comes to what we have to offer potential coaches. I'd have to say most potential coaches would recognize the distance between "immediately successful" and being bitch-slapped by the B1G Basement Dwellers.

Kinda hoping you made this up, because if it is his outlook on this season then he obviously does not understand or care why fans are so agitated.

Harvey Perlman
My reply from Perlman.

Immediately successful? How about "Nebraska doesn’t give you a chance if you put up the most losses in 126 seasons of Husker football"

Harvey Perlman
My reply from Perlman.

Gee...I'd have to say Harv isn't buying in to the whole "There is no place like Nebraska" theme when it comes to what we have to offer potential coaches. I'd have to say most potential coaches would recognize the distance between "immediately successful" and being bitch-slapped by the B1G Basement Dwellers.

Kinda hoping you made this up, because if it is his outlook on this season then he obviously does not understand or care why fans are so agitated.

I would never make anything like this up. I would copy and paste the entire email chain but I don't want my personal email up.

Harvey Perlman
My reply from Perlman.

I would never make anything like this up. I would copy and paste the entire email chain but I don't want my personal email up.

In that case email him back and tell him I think he should retire now because we are all unworthy of his "can do" attitude and unwavering patience. :rickjames

They will listen!

I got a response from Hal:

(Name Deleted) - thanks for your well-stated and thoughtful concerns, and I will share them. We are working the problem. Hal

He must reply to all of these emails. That is awesome.

I'm sure he's sitting at his desk right now waiting for email so he can provide his "generic canned response"

come on people keep emailing him.

I'm sure you're sitting on your arse doing NOTHING. Kinda like your boy Punk"E" did for a year after Bo asked to be axed.

kinda like you sitting on your ass responding to this thread. you really make no sense.

They will listen!

I got a response from Hal:

(Name Deleted) - thanks for your well-stated and thoughtful concerns, and I will share them. We are working the problem. Hal

He must reply to all of these emails. That is awesome.

I'm sure he's sitting at his desk right now waiting for email so he can provide his "generic canned response"

come on people keep emailing him.

I'm sure you're sitting on your arse doing NOTHING. Kinda like your boy Punk"E" did for a year after Bo asked to be axed.

kinda like you sitting on your ass responding to this thread. you really make no sense.

No sir, I took action as shown above while you sit around and watch a 62yr old, career .500 coach have "one more adventure" on UNLs dime.

Harvey Perlman
My reply from Perlman.

If Harvey actually wrote this, I'm just smh.

Here's what you've actually been saying for the last 12 years Harvey: "Come to Nebraska and have success for 6-7 years, win 9.5 to 10 games on average, lose no more than 3-4 on average with no losing seasons, and we'll fire you. But come in and immediately fail with a losing record, and we'll give you 3 more years! "

Harvey Perlman
My reply from Perlman.

If Harvey actually wrote this, I'm just smh.

Here's what you've actually been saying for the last 12 years Harvey: "Come to Nebraska and have success for 6-7 years, win 9.5 to 10 games on average, lose no more than 3-4 on average with no losing seasons, and we'll fire you. But come in and immediately fail with a losing record, and we'll give you 3 more years! "

Well someone from his email replied and signed his name. I also received a response from Hal. Nothing from Eichorst so far. The response he sent was made to everyone in the email chain, I sent my concerns to every email on the above list so the reply may have been for their benefit and not mine.

This is not Nebraska football.

Mark as unread

LO

(my name)@huskers.unl.edu

Sun 11/1/2015 6:47 PM

Sent Items

Sir I appreciate your response to my concerns. As an alum it means a great deal to me. Please take note of other fans. The environment is turning toxic around the program I love.

Scott Frost is the guy to heal the wounds. This is all the input I have on the matter as I respectfully acknowledge you are a busy man.

Thank you

Mark as unread

HD

Hal Daub <hdaub@nebraska.edu>

Sun 11/1/2015 6:02 PM

Thanks for your considered expression of concerns and we appreciate your commitment. Hal

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.

Sent: Sunday, November 1, 2015 5:56 PM

To: seichorst2@unl.edu; Harvey S Perlman; hhawks@nebraksa.edu; Tim Clare; Jim Pillen; Bob Whitehouse; Robert Schafer; Kent Schroeder; Hal Daub

Subject: This is not Nebraska football.

Mark as unread

HP

Harvey Perlman <hperlman1@unl.edu>

Sun 11/1/2015 5:59 PM

Harvey Perlman

MO

Microsoft Outlook

Sun 11/1/2015 5:55 PM

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: hhawks@nebraksa.edu (hhawks@nebraksa.edu) The domain name in the email address is incorrect. Check the email address. Diagnostic information for administrators: Generating server: BN3PR0101MB1076.prod.exchangelabs.com

ReplyReply allForward

Mark as unread

LO

(myname)@huskers.unl.edu

Sun 11/1/2015 5:55 PM

Sent Items

Show all 9 recipients

To:

seichorst2@unl.edu;

hperlman1@unl.edu;

hhawks@nebraksa.edu;

tclare@nebraska.edu;

jpillen@nebraska.edu;

bwhitehouse@nebraska.edu;

rschafer@nebraska.edu;

Greetings. My wife and I are proud alumni. My entire family pride themselves with lifetime support and association with Nebraska, specifically football.

This team has always represented the state and fans on a level that is unprecedented in sports. I am more than concerned presently at the coaching staff that has been selected to lead our student athletes. They do not, and honestly will not meet the expectations of Nebraska.

I have a fairly engaged pulse with the heartbeat of the fan base. They are becoming apathetic. Many are vowing to not renew their tickets, provide donations, buy gear, or watch the games unless a change is made. This is troubling and can not be allowed to continue.

A mistake was made in this hire. The principals of sunk cost apply. Regardless of what money has been committed retaining this staff will result in revenue loss well beyond that expense if the fans lose support.

I am more than sure if it is purely a revenue concern the fans and alumni will collectively support a new coaching staff fundraiser to meet the needs.

Making a bad hire is a mistake any school can make. Nebraska football may never recover if immediate steps are not taken to rectify this error.

Thank you for your time.

Go Big Red

(Read from the bottom. I will try this way since there seems to be doubts it actually came from Harvey.)

There is nothing that will be effective. We have no vote and the sooner you realize that...the better.

Perhaps, but disregarding the negative affects of a petition, it at least forces Eichorst from straight up lying. Anyone with a brain could tell he was lying about having 90% positive emails, but there was no way to factually call him out. This is something he can't lie about.

He'll just ignore it... but still.

Can you back your lying about his lying up?
Really... you're really going with that? You think he's had 90% of his emails be positive this season? You think he's actually happy about how the season has gone at any point? If you can't realize those were nothing but public relations lines, I don't know what to tell you.

It all depends. If this is like Soutpark where Butters filters all of Cartman's social media, then yeah probably nearly all of his emails have been positive.

You take 5 starters off of any team, let it lone them being the best QB, the best running back, the best all purpose guy, two starting defensive players, see what happens to any team.

No excuses, we lost, and Riley will feel the heat for it, but this crap needs to stop. Support your team, yea there are some not playing to the level you want or I want, but I think that all goes back to recruiting. I think some of the kids that get recruited are lower due to heart, not just athletic ability. I have always wondered about it, don't really know. Motor is a big statement about some kids, yet never mentioned about others.

Very hard day for all involved. Wish we would run a little bit more, but thought Fyfe made some great passes. Hit receivers in stride. He looks more like a QB than Tommy.

Key Ohio State injuries in 2014 when they wont the national championship. Braxton Miller (Starting QB- Season) , Jeff Heuermann (starting Tight End-1 game), Joel Hale (starting Guard- 11 games), Dante Booker (Backup OLB- 4 Games), Cam Burrows (Starting Safety- 1 Game), Rashad Frazier (Backup- 2 Games), Ron Tanner (Backup Safety-3 Games), Dontre Wilson (H-Back- 5 Games), JT Barret (Starting QB- 3 Games), Armani Reeves (Starting NB-8 Games)

Notre Dame injuries this year as of September 23rd. They have more now.- starting QB, starting RB, starting DT, starting NB, Starting TE, Backup S. They are a top 10 team.