Huskerboard: Probable downward spiral to Idiocracy

Redman

I joined this board a while ago, mostly because it was one board that the overall mentality seemed to be more about debate, serious opinions, and discussion. Plus, it seemed many had a knowledge of the game and loved all things Husker. I fear this dynamic has changed, or at least is changing. I fear that the board that I really enjoyed being a part of, is spiraling downwards to the intellect of an allbuffs.com.

Funny, the site (allbuffs) that many talk smack about for their lack of anything justifiable and excess of morons, could very easily be compared with the Huskerboard topic forum "KSU reaction to Callahan statement" (under Husker Football). When did this board spawn the Neo-Christian anti-gay movement? Don't get me wrong, I am all about one's right to free speech, but why use that right to act like verbally uneducated idiots. (But you all actually joking , right?) It is my sincere hope that the MODS do not let this board "slip to mediocraty".

Take the board back before it is to late. Fight them over there, so we do not have to fight them here.

I started that thread. I thought that it was a way to look at it from their point of veiw. It wasnt intended for any other reason. as far as this board spiraling downward. I dont see it. I have been a member for a long time. This board gets better with the addition of each member and their point of view.

Your entitled to your opinion. I respect your opinion.

I, in no way (or at least did not wish too), criticize the topic of the thread you started. I actually found it interesting. My comments were not meant to be directed towards the topic. That being said, it seemed that others who replied to it, instead of talking about the Callahan vs. the Freeman/KSU issue, used it as a way to take pot shots at KSU purple and gay people. These comments were void of anything resembling intellect. If these comments needed to be said, I would think they would best be put in the woodshed. I went back later to re-read the thread and noticed that many of the comments had been removed.

I do not think that the board has reached the bottom-feeder category like Allbuffs, but I have seen an increase in off-topic and just plain idiotic comments lately. I do not wish that we all be serious all of time, or that making random comments and jokes should be stopped. Everyone should have fun. I, myself, have taken some shots at times. We should just be aware of how we are saying things and whom it affects. I simply wanted others to be aware of what I am seeing.

I truly like reading most of the comments on this board. That is why I continue to post. I just hope others realize what is so great about these forums and do not turn it into just another board.

I, in no way (or at least did not wish too), criticize the topic of the thread you started. I actually found it interesting. My comments were not meant to be directed towards the topic. That being said, it seemed that others who replied to it, instead of talking about the Callahan vs. the Freeman/KSU issue, used it as a way to take pot shots at KSU purple and gay people. These comments were void of anything resembling intellect. If these comments needed to be said, I would think they would best be put in the woodshed. I went back later to re-read the thread and noticed that many of the comments had been removed.

I do not think that the board has reached the bottom-feeder category like Allbuffs, but I have seen an increase in off-topic and just plain idiotic comments lately. I do not wish that we all be serious all of time, or that making random comments and jokes should be stopped. Everyone should have fun. I, myself, have taken some shots at times. We should just be aware of how we are saying things and whom it affects. I simply wanted others to be aware of what I am seeing.

I truly like reading most of the comments on this board. That is why I continue to post. I just hope others realize what is so great about these forums and do not turn it into just another board.

We will continue to, with the help of our members, put the best product forward.

I think it being this time of year, big lull, has added to the off topic discussions.