Sipple puts the talent argument to bed

I think everyone should admit that we have rather serious talent deficiencies at QB (none available,4-deep) or running back (a few average ones, when healthy). Also, receivers appear to be new to their positions.

Credibility -----Window ------>

Let me qualify that. I should have said, "talent deficiencies relative to the needs of this system." Armstrong is great option QB, and I'm betting he is the best running back on the team. Most of our more experienced receivers seem to be better at blocking down field . . . we have a couple of promising frosh, though. These are all great athletes, but they don't necessarily excel in this system. It's left to be seen if they can make the transition. I do have to say I'm impressed by their character in the face of some rather pointed criticism, and much divisive talk.

Here's a couple questions for those who like to point out how many walk-ons we have playing (aside from showing how much different the current team is from past Husker teams):

Which receiver that we've played this year would you trade for Brandon Reilly?

Which fullback/special teamer that we've played this year would you trade for Janovich?

• Fire 2

Here's a couple questions for those who like to point out how many walk-ons we have playing (aside from showing how much different the current team is from past Husker teams):

Which receiver that we've played this year would you trade for Brandon Reilly?

Which fullback/special teamer that we've played this year would you trade for Janovich?

I don't think anyone is saying no walkons. The biggest issue, is that we have to have so many walkons to fill in holes for bad recruiting. Thank God, we do have them thoug, or this season would be way worse.