Bowl Outlook

Well, this is....humbling

Yep. Stalking a bunch of loser programs hoping they lose so we can get in at 5-7. Then realize that we are currently a loser program........

This is freaking hilarious. Here we sit, scoreboard watching, not to see if we can win the B1G West, not to see if we can move up in the rankings with some well-placed losses above us. No, we are sweating out trying to be one of the top 80, yes 80 teams will get a bowl invite. Almost 2/3 of every university playing football will receive an invitation to play in an exhibition game in front of a handful of friends and family. And, we are scoreboard watching the Old Dominion's, Georgia State's, South Alabama's of the world.

Talk about having this baby going in the right direction.

• Fire 2

I agree. I also accepted where we are right now as a program. I do believe that we can be a national contender again.

Would definitely help us if we could have more practices and another game. Could pay off tremendously next year and in obtaining long term goals. I

Also a bad bowl game is better than no Husker football and there is always a chance they'll play somewhere where I can actually watch them.

So while humbling, I am hoping for another game and a chance to finish the season on a positive note.

Yep. Stalking a bunch of loser programs hoping they lose so we can get in at 5-7. Then realize that we are currently a loser program........

This is freaking hilarious. Here we sit, scoreboard watching, not to see if we can win the B1G West, not to see if we can move up in the rankings with some well-placed losses above us. No, we are sweating out trying to be one of the top 80, yes 80 teams will get a bowl invite. Almost 2/3 of every university playing football will receive an invitation to play in an exhibition game in front of a handful of friends and family. And, we are scoreboard watching the Old Dominion's, Georgia State's, South Alabama's of the world.

Talk about having this baby going in the right direction.

Your common sense comments alone should send even the most ardent Riley supporters into convulsions. Thinking some teams need to lose for us to get "N" and then seeing it in writing makes it almost unbearable.

This staff.............

Hip, hip, hooray!

LMAO at all the people in this thread calculating the odds of us making a bowl game. You know it's bad when San Jose State, Buffalo and Georgia State are all ahead of us in the pecking order. I just can't stop laughing...and people still think we should go bowling this year.

No one is saying that we deserve to go bowling or that we are pleased with being in this position.

All anyone is saying is that it would be good to have an extra game and extra practices.

LMAO at all the people in this thread calculating the odds of us making a bowl game. You know it's bad when San Jose State, Buffalo and Georgia State are all ahead of us in the pecking order. I just can't stop laughing...and people still think we should go bowling this year.

Once again I'd like to thank the mods for merging this thread with VA huskers so I could enjoy garbage like this.

• Fire 3

Once again I'd like to thank the mods for merging this thread with VA huskers so I could enjoy garbage like this.

All right, all right, I'll get back on topic.

Seeing Michigan State starting to pull away from Penn State, says that the winner of next week's B1G title game in Indy goes to the playoffs. If Iowa is undefeated the decision is easy, but does MSU, tOSU, or Nebraska get the New Year's Six bid?

Update: With UL-Lafayette losing to App State and South Alabama losing to Ga Southern, this is the update

5 spots left, 5 teams left. One falls and we are in.

Minnesota (5-6)- Losing 14-27 to Wisconsin 2nd Quarter

Illinois (5-6) - Losing 7-21 to Northwestern 2nd Quarter

Kansas State (4-6)- winning 28-7 vs Kansas , vs West Virginia next week.

Georgia State (5-6) - vs Georgia Southern next week

South Alabama (5-6) - vs App State next week

Georgia State and South Alabama are big underdogs next week. If either Minnesota or Illinois lose we are in.

• Fire 1

Update: With UL-Lafayette losing to App State and South Alabama losing to Ga Southern, this is the update

5 spots left, 5 teams left. One falls and we are in.

Minnesota (5-6)- Losing 14-27 to Wisconsin 2nd Quarter

Illinois (5-6) - Losing 7-21 to Northwestern 2nd Quarter

Kansas State (4-6)- , vs West Virginia next week.

Georgia State (5-6) - vs Georgia Southern next week

South Alabama (5-6) - vs App State next week

Georgia State and South Alabama are big underdogs next week. If either Minnesota or Illinois lose we are in.

I'll take it. Want to see the Huskers one more time.

• Fire 1