Riley Wealth Management Group

I'm glad to see we've taken to fan fiction writing; it's a healthy outlet.

Bury your head deeper in the sand... you'll feel safer there.

As opposed to what? Suggesting Mike Riley turned down offers through out the years to USC and Alabama in some plot to pad his pockets when the perfect team came along? Again, fan fiction.

As opposed to what? Suggesting Mike Riley turned down offers through out the years to USC and Alabama in some plot to pad his pockets when the perfect team came along? Again, fan fiction.

Riley's record the last five years before he came to Nebraska was: 29 wins - 33 losses. And he had 3 losing seasons in his last 5 years there. And he did that with his own recruits.

So what does Nebraska do? They hire him to be our head coach, double his salary to 2.7 - 3 million a year and give him a way too long contract.

What do we get in return? A losing season and a years worth of fourth and 1 on the 19 with the game on the line... and game mismanagement.

Burry your head back in the sand but try going a little deeper this time. You will feel safer in the dark.

Again none of the above supports the ridiculous claim this was a money grab by Riley. You seem to be confusing justification of a questionable hire for actually countering my point.

Because you've had your head buried in the sand you wouldn't know these things, which is why a person should not burry their head in the sand in the first place.

Riley was on the "hot seat" for loosing his job at Oregon State all the way back to 2011. No one was offering him a job because of his last 5 year record, so he had no where to go... until Nebraska offered him a job and offered to double his salary in one of the most unexplainable coaching-money throwing hires of all time... even though Nebraska should have been able to see his record.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/MikeRiley.htm

Now you can burry your head again.

See speculating on his crappy downturn at OSU in the latter years doesn't equate to proof. Here is a link from 2013 where a USC site talked about him as a potential replacement http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/2013/10/31/why-not-mike-riley/. This just two years removed form losing seasons. I might agree with the point he was ready to ditch the popsicle stand that is OSU, since Oregon became power player and he wasn't exactly lighting it up. I don't agree that he did this for pure financial reasons, nor do I think it's anything but speculation, or fan fiction.

I'm not here as a blind supporter of Riley; I'm more concerned than positive based what we've seen to this point. That said, I don't think there is anything plausible to the argument this was a money grab. Specifically the notion it was for his assistants. Langsford was doing well in the NFL and our RB coach could have followed Harbaugh to Michigan. Sure there are some I'd rather he not brought along, but I don't think this is all money grab con.

Riley's record the last five years before he came to Nebraska was: 29 wins - 33 losses. And he had 3 losing seasons in his last 5 years there. And he did that with his own recruits.

So what does Nebraska do? They hire him to be our head coach, double his salary to 2.7 - 3 million a year and give him a way too long contract.

What do we get in return? A losing season and a years worth of fourth and 1 on the 19 with the game on the line... and game mismanagement.

Burry your head back in the sand but try going a little deeper this time. You will feel safer in the dark.

Again none of the above supports the ridiculous claim this was a money grab by Riley. You seem to be confusing justification of a questionable hire for actually countering my point.

Because you've had your head buried in the sand you wouldn't know these things, which is why a person should not burry their head in the sand in the first place.

Riley was on the "hot seat" for loosing his job at Oregon State all the way back to 2011. No one was offering him a job because of his last 5 year record, so he had no where to go... until Nebraska offered him a job and offered to double his salary in one of the most unexplainable coaching-money throwing hires of all time... even though Nebraska should have been able to see his record.

See speculating on his crappy downturn at OSU in the latter years doesn't equate to proof. Here is a link from 2013 where a USC site talked about him as a potential replacement http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/2013/10/31/why-not-mike-riley/. This just two years removed form losing seasons. I might agree with the point he was ready to ditch the popsicle stand that is OSU, since Oregon became power player and he wasn't exactly lighting it up. I don't agree that he did this for pure financial reasons, nor do I think it's anything but speculation, or fan fiction.

I'm not here as a blind supporter of Riley; I'm more concerned than positive based what we've seen to this point. That said, I don't think there is anything plausible to the argument this was a money grab. Specifically the notion it was for his assistants. Langsford was doing well in the NFL and our RB coach could have followed Harbaugh to Michigan. Sure there are some I'd rather he not brought along, but I don't think this is all money grab con.

That link you provided DOES NOT say that Mike Riley was being considered for the job.

It says that John Gruden was being considered and talked about for the job... and that Mike Riley was NOT being considered or talked about for the job.

Bogus

That link you provided DOES NOT say that Mike Riley was being considered for the job.

It says that John Gruden was being considered and talked about for the job... and that Mike Riley was NOT being considered or talked about for the job.

Bogus

It was an USC Site suggesting what about Mike Riley:

http://www.oregonlive.com/collegefootball/index.ssf/2013/09/issues_answers_will_usc_come_a.html

The link above contains two more links to Sports Illustrated and the LA Times discussing Mike Riley as a candidate in 2013. The point isn't Mike Riley WAS going to be the USC coach, the aforementioned point was Riley was named a candidate by multiple outlets in 2013, thus suggesting that even during his decline at OSU, other programs were still looking at him. Thus, the idea he was on some island desperate for a con job to get all his friends one last pay day is fan fiction.

Christ, here's another sportswriter saying he may have been a candidate in 2015. http://athlonsports.com/college-football/those-upset-nebraska-hire-mike-riley-need-only-look-demands-others

Bogus

http://www.oregonlive.com/collegefootball/index.ssf/2013/09/issues_answers_will_usc_come_a.html

The link above contains two more links to Sports Illustrated and the LA Times discussing Mike Riley as a candidate in 2013. The point isn't Mike Riley WAS going to be the USC coach, the aforementioned point was Riley was named a candidate by multiple outlets in 2013, thus suggesting that even during his decline at OSU, other programs were still looking at him. Thus, the idea he was on some island desperate for a con job to get all his friends one last pay day is fan fiction.

Christ, here's another sportswriter saying he may have been a candidate in 2015. http://athlonsports.com/college-football/those-upset-nebraska-hire-mike-riley-need-only-look-demands-others

Again... none of those links shows USC ever showing any interest in hiring Mike Riley in 2013... they were merely asking IF that might happen. It didn't.

The last link you provided does not link to any article about Mike Riley.

You're knife has been made unusably dull account you've been using it to dig holes in the sand to bury your head in.

There are many harsh realities we have to deal with concerning our program. Until we deal with those harsh realities NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

Bogus

Again... none of those links shows USC ever showing any interest in hiring Mike Riley in 2013... they were merely asking IF that might happen. It didn't.

The last link you provided does not link to any article about Mike Riley.

You're knife has been made unusably dull account you've been using it to dig holes in the sand to bury your head in.

There are many harsh realities we have to deal with concerning our program. Until we deal with those harsh realities NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

Well, we are just going around in circles, so fair enough. I didn't post the links to suggest Mike Riley HAD a job offer, rather he was mentioned by numerous sources as a person of interest in 2013. I did this to highlight the point he wasn't on a lone island praying for a way out of OSU, nor was it out of the realm of possibility he could have had other offers during this down period at OSU. For what it's worth, here's the 2015 link : https://shar.es/1ckg8c

Anyways, I think we probably share the same concerns with the current staff in terms of Nebraska; this wasn't a defense of the staff as a whole. I simply don't buy the idea this was purely a money grab to pad his pockets and that of his staff. We are both speculating, so no use continuing to argue over a difference of opinion in this area.