McKewon: Play calls, passing erratic to the end for Huskers

Saunders

I thought this was interesting:

Iowa's offensive advantage, meanwhile, comes in its running game. The Hawkeyes run the ball on 62.0 percent of their plays compared to 56.6 percent for Michigan State.

"That's crazy," Riley said. "That's quite a stat. It says a lot about their intentions and about who they are."

This is how I read it originally skimming paragraphs eyeswear2allthatsholy . Full context here http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/128017/one-coachs-take-on-the-big-ten-championship-game

Yes, Mike Riley....even in context, it's about intentions. It's not like Riley hasn't heard this....over, and over, and over. But .500 is .500.....

Another quote........

The Hawkeyes and Spartans have exceptional turnover margins, their quarterbacks are efficient, and they have been able to win close games.

Man, when will people say this about NU.......

I came away from the article realizing Riley "knows" how to win. The concern/question I have is can he?

Does he "know" how to win? Nothing on his collegiate coaching resume would suggest that to be true.

One excellent way to increase the efficiency of a quarterback is to reduce their pass attempts......in our case from 40+ to under 20 would be good.

I thought this was interesting:

Iowa's offensive advantage, meanwhile, comes in its running game. The Hawkeyes run the ball on 62.0 percent of their plays compared to 56.6 percent for Michigan State.

"That's crazy," Riley said. "That's quite a stat. It says a lot about their intentions and about who they are."

This is how I read it originally skimming paragraphs eyeswear2allthatsholy . Full context here http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/128017/one-coachs-take-on-the-big-ten-championship-game

Yes, Mike Riley....even in context, it's about intentions. It's not like Riley hasn't heard this....over, and over, and over. But .500 is .500.....

Another quote........

The Hawkeyes and Spartans have exceptional turnover margins, their quarterbacks are efficient, and they have been able to win close games.

Man, when will people say this about NU.......

I came away from the article realizing Riley "knows" how to win. The concern/question I have is can he?

Does he "know" how to win? Nothing on his collegiate coaching resume would suggest that to be true.

One excellent way to increase the efficiency of a quarterback is to reduce their pass attempts......in our case from 40+ to under 20 would be good.

Riley says the right things, hence the "knows" how to win. I agree, that a career sub .500 would lead me to believe that he can't. I am still baffled by this hire.

I really believed the whole "play to the strengths of the team" crap...... If we had let TA throw around 20 times, run like we know he can and leaned on Jano/Cross/Wilbon, we could have had a good to great year with our schedule. Of course there was the whole coaching errors....