Meet Nebraska's Two Tommy Armstrongs

eightlaces

3 Things I wonder about after watching football this weekend:

1. Why do all of the college coaches nationwide have the zipper looking strip (Is that really a zipper) on the back of their polos or jackets? Was that a big pay off to Nike by the NCAA or something?
2. How can OU's band be permitted to play boomer sooner at every away game endlessly, loudly, and arrogantly? Do not home team stadiums have a right to limit the opposing team's band? Barely heard OSU's band all night (not that they had anything to play about after OU destroyed OSU).

In relationship to the OP:
3. Does NU not have any QB behind TA that is even reasonably prepared to play in a Power 5 conference? If not Why?

It is inexcusable that a school with all of our resources that they could be so squandered with such poor recruiting (by past staff) and such poor coaching by current staff. Langs & MR were said to be QB gurus that would coach up note only the QBs but also the rest of the team. It was very telling that we had issues with our captains this year and Gerry finally admitting it was time for the team to buy in to the process. I expected more from a 'veteran' staff. We were near the bottom in turnover ratio and near the top in penalties. We did not improve in the 'discipline' factor over last year. MR will get next year but I hope some booster is speaking to Mark Richt or has their eye on one of the coaches that had great years at Houston, Temple, Memphis, Navy, etc

• Fire 1

3. Does NU not have any QB behind TA that is even reasonably prepared to play in a Power 5 conference? If not Why?

- No, because Bo Pelini's roster management/recruitment was horrible and we're seeing the results of it. If Armstrong's an efficient QB, Nebraska nudges out Iowa for the nation's love this year. If given the option, I'd take an 80 percent healthy Armstrong over a completely healthy Fyfe (and this choice has been made).

- No, because Bo Pelini's roster management/recruitment was horrible and we're seeing the results of it. If Armstrong's an efficient QB, Nebraska nudges out Iowa for the nation's love this year. If given the option, I'd take an 80 percent healthy Armstrong over a completely healthy Fyfe (and this choice has been made).

That has nothing to do with it. Pelini/Beck ran a completely different system than Riley/Langsdorf do. That's all it comes down to. The QBs on the roster under Bo were there to run his system, including Stanton. They don't fit into what the new coaches are trying to do and the new coaches couldn't integrate the running QB into their offense.

Unfortunately they are a package deal. Would this staff have benched him after his 5th interception?

Think about the fact that Nebraska could've very well won if not for that tipped pick-six. Tommy locked onto his man again and didn't see the read by Iowa's LB.

Do you realize that it wasn't an LB who picked off that pass?

TA didn't "lock into his man" on screen that resulted in the pick six. He threw to the guy who should have been open, but Alex Lewis blew his block. And that guy made a great play on the ball. It happens. But from a "read" perspective, TA made the correct throw.

Unfortunately they are a package deal. Would this staff have benched him after his 5th interception?

Think about the fact that Nebraska could've very well won if not for that tipped pick-six. Tommy locked onto his man again and didn't see the read by Iowa's LB.

TA didn't "lock into his man" on screen that resulted in the pick six. He threw to the guy who should have been open, but Alex Lewis blew his block. And that guy made a great play on the ball. It happens. But from a "read" perspective, TA made the correct throw.

correct read yes, correct throw no. If theyd have ever shown an overhead shot of that play, I think it could've gone the distance.

Clueless post.

Two 4 star QBs and a 3 star along with a walkon who previously showed promise.

Give Riley and Langs Hackenburg, Cook or any other "game manager" and they are still going to produce their average seasons, just like they always have.

A coach who can't win with this roster is the problem, not the other way around.

2004-2007 deja vu all over again. I accept that a lot of fans didn't learn, but it is truely sad, that Prickman didn't learn anything from that fiasco. Shows what a feckless "leader" he really is.

Also, I couldn't agree more with world's post. Just like in 2004, Riley's staff is trying to force a square peg into a round hole, even though they said they wouldn't.

Sigh.

I bring news from the North!

CmVbBqL.png

I must say, you keep me going, cm. Only someone with a ton of time and effort can properly hate like you.

• Fire 3