Final four location

Right now I think the NCAA really can't miss with tournament sites in the B1G or Big XII footprints. The sport seems to be having a renaissance of sorts in the midwest.

It would be interesting to track changes in average home attendance for Division I. I would, but I have to try to get something done today at work.

My guess is that attendance numbers are increasing overall, and especially in a number of places that have had recent success. Schools like Iowa State, Kansas, Florida, etc.

IMO this is not only great for the sport, but great for Nebraska's profile. We aren't going anywhere, and it seems like more people than ever are watching the sport.

Or I could just be making too many assumptions. :dunno

It would be interesting to track changes in average home attendance for Division I. I would, but I have to try to get something done today at work.

My guess is that attendance numbers are increasing overall, and especially in a number of places that have had recent success. Schools like Iowa State, Kansas, Florida, etc.

Here ya go. 2015 attendance numbers haven't been released yet, that I could find.

k4vy5An.jpg

Yv9Hdw0.jpg

3WHGWDc.jpg

utuOAFr.jpg

• Fire 2

Thanks, GM. (+1) Nebraska's number for 2014 is huge! Is that a result of the move to the Devaney Center? Also I wonder if Tournament attendance is included in the average. Hmmm.

Three things I learned from your post:

1. The Big Ten is a better fit for Nebraska in terms of Volleyball attendence. The fan bases actually care.

2. I knew about Colorado State, but I hadn't realized how many programs close to Nebraska that have top-25 Volleyball fanbases (Creighton, UNI, Kansas State, Iowa State, Wichita State)

3. Southern California teams are still good to great on the court, but the fan base has slipped. They must be all-in on sand VB.

Thanks, GM. (+1) Nebraska's number for 2014 is huge! Is that a result of the move to the Devaney Center? Also I wonder if Tournament attendance is included in the average. Hmmm.

Three things I learned from your post:

1. The Big Ten is a better fit for Nebraska in terms of Volleyball attendence. The fan bases actually care.

2. I knew about Colorado State, but I hadn't realized how many programs close to Nebraska that have top-25 Volleyball fanbases (Creighton, UNI, Kansas State, Iowa State, Wichita State)

3. Southern California teams are still good to great on the court, but the fan base has slipped. They must be all-in on sand VB.

It's a direct result of the move to the Devaney Center. Volleyball capacity at the Coliseum was only 3-4K (from what I remember). That doubled when NU moved to Devaney in 2014.