Run game: striking differences between Riley and Langsdorf

Dansker

I appreciate those moments and loved every single one of them.

Now, it's time to move on.

I'm not saying we should linger on Pelini.

So....are you personally hoping he never gets to 9-10 wins so that doesn't happen? OR, do you personally hope he gets to 9-10 wins, we keep him and he builds a program that can go above and beyond that?

If it is the latter, isn't getting behind him fully and supporting him fully the best way to prevent the former from happening?

I'm saying I hope he can get to that level of success (though I have serious doubts). I hope that if he gets to that level, the petulant Husker fans of the world don't get their way and get him fired. Because firing a 3rd .700+ coach in the past 4 is a perfect way to drive a final nail into the coffin of the Program.

So...your solution for not having that happen is to be a fan that tells everyone in every post what a mistake it was to hits him.

I don't know what you're trying to say there.

But, I hardly ever tell other people what they should or shouldn't do. But don't accuse me of not supporting Riley. I will never call for him to be fired as long as he does three things:

1. Produces model student athletes who will be contributors to society

2. Treats his players as his number 1 priority

3. Wins a respectable number of games (i.e., maintains that .700+ standard that so many have considered "easy to accomplish" at NU)

I think there's reasonably good evidence that #1 will happen, extremely good evidence that he's fulfilling #2 and very little evidence that #3 will happen over a running average of 4 years. But we shall see.

But don't accuse me of not supporting Riley. I will never call for him to be fired as long as he does three things:

Where do people get these crazy ideas about you, CM?

Having Nebraska ties is a great asset. Not sure why some are trying to downplay the value in that.

Personally, I wish we'd fire Riley today and steal frost before he signs the papers.

• Fire 3

But don't accuse me of not supporting Riley. I will never call for him to be fired as long as he does three things:

Having Nebraska ties is a great asset. Not sure why some are trying to downplay the value in that.

Personally, I wish we'd fire Riley today and steal frost before he signs the papers.

Drop the mic Guy. Excellent. Also, I highly doubt a "Hack" official as you call him can rise as far as he did.

CM, it does not matter what you think of him personally, you cannot just dismiss what he said.

And I stand by that. I would happily trade the upside of Frost for the "security" offered by an aging .500 coach who has produced a 6-7 opening season.

My position is completely consistent and plainly stated, and Riley has not come close to satisfying the third prong of the criteria I listed above.

Drop the mic Guy. Excellent. Also, I highly doubt a "Hack" official as you call him can rise as far as he did.

CM, it does not matter what you think of him personally, you cannot just dismiss what he said.

Do you remember that play and the sequence? Pereira, who has a major agenda based on his role as a ref, mischaracterized the entire issue while ignoring the fact that the PF on the QB was an awful call on its own (NU DL (Valentine?) was forced into the QB). Pelini was referring to the personal fouls that they thought had been called. The refs on the field knew what was going on (and that they screwed up) and that's why they didn't throw a flag on Pelini.

The entire example is silly in the discussion, though, because the premise of the person posting the example is that Bo's teams come unhinged due to his sideline blow ups.

So....you will never call for him to be fired but stand by your comments saying we should fire him.

Got it.

I'm trying to be respectful here, but did you read my posts and the criteria?

I never said that I would never call for a coach to be fired. I said "if a coach [completes three criteria], then I won't call for him to be fired."

Riley fell so flat on his face this year that making a change to Frost would have been understandable, and perhaps even the strategically prudent thing to do.

So please stop mischaracterizing my posts and positions. Thank you.

Then you stop trying to do that by claiming others are insulting players...etc.

The logical conclusion of "we lost because we don't have talent" and "our recruiting under pelini was atrocious" is that those and similar statements are insulting to the players on our roster.

If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

So....you will never call for him to be fired but stand by your comments saying we should fire him.

Got it.

We're trying to be respectful, too. And yes, we've read your posts.

We didn't get to this place by accident.

I do appreciate your improved content and more thoughtful discourse, but you do have a history of slippery logic.

Got it.

We're trying to be respectful, too. And yes, we've read your posts.

We didn't get to this place by accident.

I do appreciate your improved content and more thoughtful discourse, but you do have a history of slippery logic.

My history of posting has nothing to do with completely misconstruing everything I've written (or ignoring it, as you did when you posted an attempted "gotcha").

My logic has been the same as ever. But some here can't handle those of us who aren't fans of the WCO, or at least it's use at Nebraska. So we are painted as "hoping for failure."

1) Don't accuse me of not supporting Riley.

2) Personally, I wish we would fire Riley today.

The context is pretty simple. There's not much to misconstrue. And I could grab dozens more of your self-canceling posts if I had more time and less self-respect.

If I were you, I'd go ahead and own it. You certainly aren't the only one who feels that way about Riley.

• Fire 2